Blackbaud Nonprofit Support Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blackbaud Nonprofit Support Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Blackbaud

2.7

Nonprofit Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blackbaud in October 2015.

Interview

The first interview is a pre-recorded interview. You have three minutes to review each question and formulate a response. Your response is timed. The only time you are recorded is once the timer ends or you press record. I was nervous as this was my first video interview but it was a positive experience and I could see the benefits to the process.

Interview Questions

• If the light won't turn on in your lamp, describe the process to troubleshoot the problem.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Blackbaud

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

This interview process is the most bizarre I've ever heard of, and I really don't see the point of it. Blackbaud will expect you to invest quite a bit of time in online tests before you're graced with human contact. The first test--a personality quiz--is pretty straightforward, but I suppose even a psychopath would know how to ace it. In other words, it's not a great indicator of the moral qualities of potential candidates. Honestly, there are some things you can only see by looking an individual in the eye.

The second quiz involved my staring into a camera and answering questions set forth in text across the screen. Ugh...what were they looking for? Was I not cool enough, or too old, or irritating in some way? Since I assume that a group reviews these interviews, I imagine it can be a real laugh-in and a fantastic form of entertainment.

Blackbaud, you barely knew me. You didn't see my passion, my diligence, and my vast experience. You didn't learn about what I can bring to a team. You're kind of like the cool crowd in middle school...I'm a generally nice, smart, and kind person; but I'm not even allowed to sit with you. Not that I'd want to, anyway.

Interview Questions

• You turn on a lamp and it's not working. What should you do?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online for a position in the Austin office. Within that same week I was sent a link for a video interview. The first video interview allowed me to practice my responses before submitting an actual interview for consideration. After the video interview, (again, within a business week) I was asked to complete an assesment. The assessment took me through various simulations and tested me on my multitasking skills and ability to pay attention to detail.
    After I submitted the assessment, it was about two weeks before I received a phone call from their South Carolina office. Their recruiter wanted me to come to the Austin location for an inperson interview. After confirming that I was still looking for employment, she redirected me to another recruiter within the SC office to set up an interview time. Subsequent to setting up a time, I received an email detailing with whom I'd be interviewing with, the benefits package (no salary), and information about the company.
    The actual inperson interview was 3 hours long. I spoke with a recruiter from the SC office via video conference and then was escorted to shadow someone for the role I was applying for. Shadowing was a great experience, I got to speak with someone who wasn't necessarily trying to sell the company. She told me pros/cons of the job, took me through the resources I'd have access to, and answered any questions that I had.
    The next round included a video conference with two managers from the SC office. That lasted about 45 minutes. Then I had another video conference with one manager from the SC office. That lasted about 30 minutes. I did not get to meet with any managers from the Austin office.
    For the most part, the people were easy to speak with. They were very transparent about the training timeline, job expectations, and time requirement both within and outside of regular work hours. Honestly, if the pay were higher (the pay is great, I just needed more) I would have accepted the position.

Interview Questions

• If you were trying to get a document to open, and it would not, how would you go about fixing the problem?   Answer Question
    • If your dishwasher was not working, what steps would you take to resolve the issue?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to work with someone you did not get along with.   Answer Question
    • How much supervision will you require from your supervisior?   Answer Question
    • How do you perform a mail merge on Word?   Answer Question