Blackbaud Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blackbaud Program Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Blackbaud

4.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone call by HR followed by scheduled interview. They interviewed me in 2's and asked mostly about situations where conflict was involved. How did you handle a hostile working environment, can you still perform under pressure when others are being difficult? Things like that which made me think that the working environment was not going to be pleasant. The recruiter was nice, but she didn't prepare me for the interview very well. It seems like the wanted to "surprise attack" me with all the bad situations to see how I would respond. Odd!

Interview Questions

• Give example of a time when you had to work with manager in another department who was hostile and what did you do? How did you handle?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Blackbaud

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position online and received an email with a request to complete a video screening to complete on my own time. The video included book end videos from Blackbaud recruiters talking about how great it was to work for them and in the middle, 7 incredibly basic questions. From there, a SC recruiter stating a coordinator would reach out to set up an in person interview. The coordinator sent an email asking to provide times over the next 7 days when I was "NOT" available. (I have a full time job; how about asking when I AM available?)

I participated in a set of interviews with 7 individuals for 4 hours, where one was virtual with a manager in SC (corporate headquarters). Their office is slick and new in Austin, but a completely open environment with multiple tables in a room. Reminded me of a Dot-com day set up. The website of their products was incredibly confusing since their software products all seem to provide the same services. Why - because Blackbaud is a combined company based on several acquisitions over the last 3-4 years. The products have yet to be consolidated. Big red flag in my opinion. It's been 3 years! Also some of the people I met with seemed completely disinterested in the interview process. One said they were 'one and a half feet out the door' (ouch!). Also one was more interested in finding an outdoor table for our lunch discussion and was very ADHD in behavior (not professional at all). She asked about how I deal with conflict, that she seemed to have 'a lot of conflict with the same people'. If you are a true professional, you should not encounter conflict very often!

It took another week to get a rejection. Which is fine. This company seems to lack true direction and leadership if consolidation post acquisition has not even started after this long. Also, if the company is so small, why an impersonal video screen interview? Have the recruiter pick up the phone and talk to people - that should be your job. For the first in person set to take up 7 people's time (not to mention my commitment), that is a big waste of everyone's time. If I had a chance to speak to the hiring manager on the phone first, I would have filtered out this opportunity prior to the in person sessions.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with ambiguity?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about the most complex project you participated in that encountered serious issues or risks and how did you personally mitigate those?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Austin, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by their recruiter who scheduled a phone interview. She called a day early (her email indicated interview was for Wed she called Tue morning). She got really irritated when I pointed out that she had the wrong day but I agreed to go ahead with the interview. Big mistake it was obvious she had already ruled me out as a candidate. She asked a lot of detailed questions that didn't really make sense based on the job. She finally told me about the job and come to find out it wasn't a position I had even applied for. I have 14 years senior management experience several certifications and a degree and she had called me about an entry level position I hadn't even applied for and didn't know anything about. When I told what job I had applied for she said she wouldn't hire me anyway that I didn't have the qualifications for even the entry level job! Wow never had any experience like that. I realize I'm not perfect for every job but I think every candidate should be treated with a little respect! Based on this I would never apply at Blackbaud again!

Interview Questions

• All the questions where really strange and it was difficult to tell what they were even asking. Of course I'd never even seen the job description so that didn't help.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Austin, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Phone interview from Technical HR (3 week wait), then phone interview with hiring manager (3 week wait), written test on Agile with a 24 hour turn around, lunch with hiring manager (2 week wait), day interview (7 hours) with Blackbaud team with only 15 minute break, received a "see you later" email in 4 days.

Interview Questions

• If you gave every person in Austin Tx a golf ball and they put it in your living room would the golf balls over flow your living room.   1 Answer