Blackbaud Software Engineer I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blackbaud Software Engineer I Interview Questions

2.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC).

Interview

I went though a phone interview first, 3 weeks later, I got an onsite interview with Blackbaud South Carolina. It was kind of okay, I forgot about what question they asked, but they do require knowledge of databases, some form of DFS or BFS, knowledge of objects.

Interview Questions

• Given a simple "Makefile" like file, figure out what order to compile each of the dependencies.
     example:
    a : b c
    b : d
    c : d

Then it should give d, c, b, a or d, b, c, a   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Blackbaud

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Step 1: Phone Interview
    They pull up some type of co-editing coding technology. My interviewer couldn't get it to work, so we just used a Google Doc. I was asked the palindrome question, and a way to implement inheritance. I feel they are mostly looking for personality here to see if you can fit into their company culture. Aka are you passionate and want to help others?

Step 2: Invitational On-site
    They fly you over to Charleston, SC to have dinner and meet with managers. Then they conduct a few hours of interviews. Unfortunately, I missed my flight, and was going to reschedule, but I think many offers have already been made.

Interview Questions

• Given a string, find if it is a palindrome   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC).

Interview

The process was great initially and moved quickly, but halfway through I was unable to get in contact with them. A month goes by and I finally hear back and they offered to fly me down, and keep me in a hotel which is very generous. The interview itself was very technical and had a large range of questions to do on worksheets. The questions were not too hard, but we're more than I expected coming straight out of college for a few of them.

Interview Questions

• Given a specific filesystem, how would you show the dependencies of the files in the system. Write an algorithm and it's output.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud in November 2013.

Interview

school job fair

Interview Questions

• normal questions, for example, design a simple pet game. asked some basic java concept, like override and over load   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in October 2012.

Interview

Met at the Career Fair, they contacted me and set me up with a phone interview. After passing the first round, the set me up with a flight out to Charleston, SC to interview at their headquarters. They had a meet-and-greet the first day I was there and an all-day interview the next day. The interview was 5 parts: 2 manager interviews, 1 group interview and 2 technical interviews.

Interview Questions

• If given an offer, how long would it take you to accept?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Daniel Island, SC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Daniel Island, SC) in January 2012.

Interview

Phone interview, very casual, just feeling me out to see if I am confident while discussing skills my resume contained. Invited down for a face-to-face interview the next week. They paid my gas and put me in a hotel for the night before and the recruiters (HR department) actually took me out to a fancy dinner in downtown. The next morning started at 8 with all the potential hires at a table, donuts and coffee, very casual. Then we all split up and had individual interviews with management, 2 different skill tests (one testing database skills, one testing your ability to think on the spot to solve a problem presented to you with hooks thrown in when you are close to finishing), then a group critical thinking activity with the other potential hires.

Thinking out loud during the interviews is HIGHLY encouraged. Do not BS things, admit you are unsure about what is being asked or how to do it, and show that you want to understand the problem fully while tackling it.

Lunch with 22-25 year olds that are your university alumni, then more management interviews, then sit down and discuss benefits and desired pay with HR, then 'goodbye, we'll call you in a week or so'

Overall very casual process, but very intense. I was exhausted before lunch, but it was an exciting process.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a database that allows these two tables to be stored and be infinitely expandable, while maintaining speed of execution?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate for a 60k starting salary rather than the 58k they suggested. Looking back, they accepted it so quickly that I should have tried for even more.