Blackbaud Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

I attended the CS career fair at my school and got an offer for an on-campus interview after talking to the recruiter. Both the recruiter and the interviewer were extremely nice and interested in company growth and helping the community. One month later, they called me to tell me that I was not ready for the position. I still had a great experience with the company because even their rejection call was incredibly nice.

Interview Questions

• The interview was split into two parts - behavior and technical. We first went over my resume and I explained some things in more detail. Then he asked me to write down code to determine whether a word was a palindrome.   Answer Question

Blackbaud Response

Feb 13, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your on-campus interview. We are pleased you had a positive experience and chose to share with us!

Other Interview Reviews for Blackbaud

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

After speaking to a recruiter at a career fair, I was scheduled for an hour-long interview in two parts, technical and behavioral. Each interview took about thirty minutes, and was with two people from a team at the company.

Interview Questions

• In the technical interview I was asked to explain the process of implementing software to control an elevator.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

It was an on-campus 1-hour interview. The first half was with two recruiters and they asked mainly behavioral questions and a few logical questions to fill in the remaining time. The second half was entirely technical. You had to read a piece of code and propose how to improve it. You either know it or you don't. Very nice people and not too stressful interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the probability that you roll 4 dice and get a total of 25?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Berkeley, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I had a behavioral interview where I sat with the manager and one of the software engineers. It was a pretty straightforward interview where they seemed to test mainly for a culture fit. It was about an hour long where they asked me about my technical background and why I was interested in applying to the company. They also discussed how I got interested into Computer Science.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blackbaud in January 2016.

Interview

I met blackbaud worker at my school's career fair and interviewed the next day. I was asked basic software engineering concepts as well as algorithmic questions. Within a week I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• How to find the longest substring in a string that is a palindrome   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Austin, TX).

Interview

I gave my resume at my University's career fair. I received through the University job portal an invite for an on campus interview.

Designing the game was a pretty fun. I wrote out psuedo code of the methods and talked out what they were doing. They occasionally gave hints and were helpful when answering any questions about what else they may have wanted.

I felt I did pretty well, but I received a voicemail a week later with a rejection.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud.

Interview

I applied through college career fair. I had an interview the very next day. It had 2 rounds. First a HR round followed by Technical round. It was a good experience. Interviewers were so cool, nice and skillful.

Interview Questions

• What is that you expect to be a part of your favorite programming language ?   Answer Question

Blackbaud Response

Mar 18, 2015 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition

Glad to see you had a great experience! We know how stressful the interview can be and I am glad to see that you walked away feeling positive. Please stay in touch with Blackbaud!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Berkeley, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone interview, and they mostly asked questions about qualifications (US citizenship, major, year in college, etc. The interviewer didn't ask any technical questions, and the conversation was pretty casual.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked me to elaborate on a technical experience I had on my resume.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Blackbaud.

Interview

Met rep at career fair and handed in my resume. Was contacted a few weeks later with a programming challenge. Pretty simple, you just had to parse a .dat file. After that I was contacted for an onsight with two engineers. Questions were pretty simple, although they really want you to be as efficient as possible.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Still deciding

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Submit resume then receive first round interview which is small programming task. You are allowed to do it in any programming language, and after that you will receive a onsite interview