Blackbaud User Experience Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blackbaud User Experience Designer Interview Questions

Interviews at Blackbaud

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC).

Interview

It took several weeks (months?) before I was contacted by their human resources department. After the initial email conversation, there were several phone screenings with human resources and the hiring manager. This was followed by a few more calls with human resources and eventually an onsite interview with several teams. The onsite interviews were somewhat organized, no one from human resources was present during the interviews, and I was shuffled back and forth from team to team. The majority of the team, while friendly, were apathetic and had between 4-10 years on the job. The interview questions and design exercise with the UX team were both easy.

After spending a full day with the team, I never received a response from Blackbaud. Not a single word. My calls to human resources were not returned.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you were challenged to complete a project and how did you resolve it?

How do you know when your design is done and how many people need to test it before it's finished?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Blackbaud

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in March 2016.

Interview

A few phone-based interviews, including 1 with the hiring manager. Followed by an on-site interview with the team. Extremely negative outlook on the interview process, unprofessional in some sense and almost unbelievable in another sense. The interviews themselves were easy. The people were really great to talk to. But the communication was really terrible. I never heard a word after I walked out of the interview. I would have even loved to hear that they wouldn't pursue my candidacy or we will get back to you, but it was and still has been total silence. Almost 1 month later and even after multiple emails sent. Not sure if it's HR's fault or Blackbaud's fault, but nonetheless it is pretty disappointing. It tells me something about the Blackbaud culture and values. I have also read a few similar experiences with other people interviewing at Blackbaud. Read through the interview section.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I had 2 quick phone interviews and one longer and technical one. After the first two interviews I was invited for a whole day, in-house interview process (I talked to 5 people during that day). I would describe this process as very positive if I had ever heard back from the company. People were very nice in person, in general. Not hearing back from them after I took one day off from my current job made me wonder if they are really as nice as the process seemed to be (I wrote twice asking for feedback and nothing). It seems like it's the current tendency not to ever get back to candidates who are no longer interesting - however, I still believe that companies that care about moral issues should show that they care about individuals, too.

Interview Questions

Blackbaud Response

Jan 13, 2016 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition

I apologize for our lack of response as our intention is to follow-up with every candidate and provide feedback on the interview. We absolutely value the time that you took to come meet with us and... More