Blackboard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

42 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Industry Strategy Director Higher Education Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blackboard (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

1. Recruiter screening phone call to ensure we were aligned on my skills and salary requirements. (15-20 mins)
    2. Hiring manager phone call - 1 hour long.
    3. Three "peer" or "senior-but-no-dotted line" interviewers via phone - 1 hour long each.
    4. Four on-site interviews in a single day - 1 hour long each.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience in supporting student success in Higher Education.   Answer Question

Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blackboard (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

Apply online; company contacts you. Initial contact was a phone interview. Then one on one interviews with the section. Finally, one on one interviews with internal clients.

Interview Questions

• What was the thing - work wise - of which you are most proud?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

I was screened by a recruiter who then recommended to the hiring manager that I be interviewed. The hiring manager interviewed me once by phone, which was a brief review of my resume and a discussion about the job.

I was then invited onsite for an interview with three people: the hiring manager, a team member, and the department head (who ultimately didn't show because he was sick).

The in-person interview questions were largely behavioral/situational. Quite frankly, they weren't very insightful. I was eager to discuss data models and reporting methodology, but they were only interested in things like how I cope with stress and what I would say when given an unrealistic deadline. It was very uninspiring.

I thankfully got an offer from AWS which was as concerned with my abilities as they were with behavioral things.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Blackboard (Killeen, TX).

Interview

Applied on their website. And they called me a few days later. I had previous technical support experience. I knew exactly what they were doing and how to help in that specific way for the position I applied for. They sat down at a computer with me and had me show them what I knew like clearing history and clearing cookies and how to expand the browser and simple stuff like that. They asked me if I knew how to refresh an IP address I told them no. I failed the job interview. Keep in mind I know how to do the job and if not could figure it out I'm young and computer savvy. They made me wait past my interview appointment time, and criticized my speed of how I handled situations. I had done the exact same job in the past it had just been 2 Years since I had done it. I swear people don't want to help anyone these days. The whole process took an hour only for them to tell me I didn't qualify they just took me to a room I wasn't even told to sit down then they walked out for like 3 mins came back in and some other person grabbed my paper work and asked me to walk with her, we get to her office and she's like you didn't qualify for the techinal support position and she was like but I'm going to see if you qualify for customer service position. She asked me questions about fasfa I didn't know enough, that wasn't even the position I had applied for. I wasn't acting like I knew anything about fasfa when I applied I just have techinal support experience. She said I didn't qualify either and said if anything opens up we will give you a call. I was mad and I said ok thank you and walked out. After an unprofessional experience and them denying me I'm glad I didn't get the job. P.S they are having a job fair a few days after my interview and we all know at job fairs they hire anyone. But they couldn't hire me? With past experience doing the same thing I had done before? Oh my gosh and they made me take this 100 question test about how things made me feel and what kind of attitude I have.

Interview Questions

• They ask you about clearing history on all browsers clearing cookies download browsers see if a printer is connected to the computer refreshing IP address   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Blackboard (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview with recruiter went very well, phone interview with hiring manager went very well. Next steps were for me to meet with the team at HQ in DC. The recruiter selected a day. Over the course of the day before the interview we went back and forth five times regarding the time and if it was on or off. He let me know that the Sr.staff was having a hard time making time for the interview. At 5:30 the night before they cancelled the interview with promises to reschedule.

Two weeks later the recruiter is still in touch and the -in-person interview is still not scheduled. I contacted the recruiter and let him know I'd be in town near their offices, available for 12 hours on a certain date if they wanted to make the time. No response. No email, no call. No, "no thank you."

Another two weeks pass (nothing) and I let the recruiter know that I had taken another position. Seriously folks, I know that companies are going through changes and in this case I think a new VP was hired... But if you have candidates interested in a role, just let them know. "Need to stall for two weeks until the new VP is brought online." Anything. But radio silence after four weeks with no response. When I called and emailed about pulling out of the process, he says "please call me." I did. Left a message, again no reply. Jeez. If this is how they run their recruiting process, (when supposedly we are basically in the "dating" phase), how in the world do they think it appears to people about what it might be to work there or how important that role is to the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about marketing processes for your current clients   Answer Question

Content Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blackboard (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

The most lengthy, in-depth interview process I've ever been on at 3 hours long. Their HR person talked to me on the phone on a Monday, then on Tuesday I had a call with the hiring manager, and by Friday I had to come in for an in-person interview having prepared a 30-minute presentation (with slides and all) on any technical topic of my choosing. Second part was an activity that not clear directions were given on and not a lot of team participation even though it was supposed to be a team exercise. Last part was a regular interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell them how I handled a difficult situation with a coworker.   1 Answer

Proposal Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blackboard.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter for Blackboard got back to me in about two weeks. The email asking for a phone screening was clearly a generic mass email to all potential candidates, which should have immediately raise a red flag. The recruiter's follow-up confirmation email to me regarding our schedule interview time also lacked a courteous addressed greeting. During the interview, I was asked for a brief summary of my skills set, we talked about what I wanted out of a job, I was given a brief description of it, and then I was asked about why as a college graduate of two weeks I had not been able to secure a job immediately after graduation. I was honestly shocked at how unprofessional and rude the recruiter was towards me. If she didn't see me as a viable candidate, why waste my time and hers to set up an interview in the first place.

Interview Questions

• Why have you not been able to secure a job right out of graduating college?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Blackboard (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Met with 3 people. Fairly easy though it seemed a bit unstructured. All of them asked me numerous times if I had any questions, which got awkward after a while. I had the impression that they had picked someone else before I even came in.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blackboard (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online. A recruiter e-mailed to schedule an initial phone screen. It was a very poorly structured 15 minute interview. The questions were basic - "Why Blackboard?" "Why do you think you are fit for the role." Interviewer was very rude and cut it short. The interview was over before it even started. The recruiter didn't get back with the results and I had to e-mail her twice.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blackboard (Dallas, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call from recruiter to schedule an interview on Skype. 3 People interviewed me. Behavioral questions. Some technical questions. They were more focus on job description. Job description was confusing and the interview questions were irrelevant. Explained what blackboard does and what an intern will do during internship.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses?
      Difficult situation handled?
      How do you manage conflicts?
      Do you know about Cloud computing and data Management?   Answer Question