Blackboard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

93 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Industry Strategy Director Higher Education Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blackboard (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

1. Recruiter screening phone call to ensure we were aligned on my skills and salary requirements. (15-20 mins)
    2. Hiring manager phone call - 1 hour long.
    3. Three "peer" or "senior-but-no-dotted line" interviewers via phone - 1 hour long each.
    4. Four on-site interviews in a single day - 1 hour long each.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience in supporting student success in Higher Education.   Answer Question

Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blackboard (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

Apply online; company contacts you. Initial contact was a phone interview. Then one on one interviews with the section. Finally, one on one interviews with internal clients.

Interview Questions

• What was the thing - work wise - of which you are most proud?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

I was screened by a recruiter who then recommended to the hiring manager that I be interviewed. The hiring manager interviewed me once by phone, which was a brief review of my resume and a discussion about the job.

I was then invited onsite for an interview with three people: the hiring manager, a team member, and the department head (who ultimately didn't show because he was sick).

The in-person interview questions were largely behavioral/situational. Quite frankly, they weren't very insightful. I was eager to discuss data models and reporting methodology, but they were only interested in things like how I cope with stress and what I would say when given an unrealistic deadline. It was very uninspiring.

I thankfully got an offer from AWS which was as concerned with my abilities as they were with behavioral things.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Blackboard (Killeen, TX).

Interview

Applied on their website. And they called me a few days later. I had previous technical support experience. I knew exactly what they were doing and how to help in that specific way for the position I applied for. They sat down at a computer with me and had me show them what I knew like clearing history and clearing cookies and how to expand the browser and simple stuff like that. They asked me if I knew how to refresh an IP address I told them no. I failed the job interview. Keep in mind I know how to do the job and if not could figure it out I'm young and computer savvy. They made me wait past my interview appointment time, and criticized my speed of how I handled situations. I had done the exact same job in the past it had just been 2 Years since I had done it. I swear people don't want to help anyone these days. The whole process took an hour only for them to tell me I didn't qualify they just took me to a room I wasn't even told to sit down then they walked out for like 3 mins came back in and some other person grabbed my paper work and asked me to walk with her, we get to her office and she's like you didn't qualify for the techinal support position and she was like but I'm going to see if you qualify for customer service position. She asked me questions about fasfa I didn't know enough, that wasn't even the position I had applied for. I wasn't acting like I knew anything about fasfa when I applied I just have techinal support experience. She said I didn't qualify either and said if anything opens up we will give you a call. I was mad and I said ok thank you and walked out. After an unprofessional experience and them denying me I'm glad I didn't get the job. P.S they are having a job fair a few days after my interview and we all know at job fairs they hire anyone. But they couldn't hire me? With past experience doing the same thing I had done before? Oh my gosh and they made me take this 100 question test about how things made me feel and what kind of attitude I have.

Interview Questions

• They ask you about clearing history on all browsers clearing cookies download browsers see if a printer is connected to the computer refreshing IP address   Answer Question

Financial Aid Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blackboard (Greenville, SC) in June 2016.

Interview

Briefly met with a supervisor, then went to HR where there really was no planned process. I was briefly reminded of a policy on tattoos and dress code. Then I was asked to sign some documents, choose my hours, and told when to report to work. No drug test was requested.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit for Blackboard? Why do you want to work for Blackboard?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blackboard.

Interview

The interview process was very easy to navigate and HR was incredibly helpful and efficient. I interviewed with a recruiter and had 5 other phone interviews with people at various levels. I think the process you have definitely depends on the recruiter you get.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable do you feel with technology? Tell me some of the software and programs you use regularly beyond Microsoft Office.   Answer Question

Financial Aid Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blackboard (Greenville, SC) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was short and simple. No complicated questions. The job is sort of the same as the interview. Very laid back. Everyone was inviting. There is a front desk area or lobby that you wait in until your name is called.

Help Desk Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blackboard (Killeen, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

The managers asked me a few simple tech questions. Answered basic computer questions, demonstrated basic computer troubleshooting, demonstrated customer service skills. Questions were simple, what OS is this computer running? How would you explain to a customer how to check that? How do you input an IP address? What is the first thing to check if a computer isn't producing sound? Etc.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Blackboard (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview with recruiter went very well, phone interview with hiring manager went very well. Next steps were for me to meet with the team at HQ in DC. The recruiter selected a day. Over the course of the day before the interview we went back and forth five times regarding the time and if it was on or off. He let me know that the Sr.staff was having a hard time making time for the interview. At 5:30 the night before they cancelled the interview with promises to reschedule.

Two weeks later the recruiter is still in touch and the -in-person interview is still not scheduled. I contacted the recruiter and let him know I'd be in town near their offices, available for 12 hours on a certain date if they wanted to make the time. No response. No email, no call. No, "no thank you."

Another two weeks pass (nothing) and I let the recruiter know that I had taken another position. Seriously folks, I know that companies are going through changes and in this case I think a new VP was hired... But if you have candidates interested in a role, just let them know. "Need to stall for two weeks until the new VP is brought online." Anything. But radio silence after four weeks with no response. When I called and emailed about pulling out of the process, he says "please call me." I did. Left a message, again no reply. Jeez. If this is how they run their recruiting process, (when supposedly we are basically in the "dating" phase), how in the world do they think it appears to people about what it might be to work there or how important that role is to the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about marketing processes for your current clients   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blackboard (Charleston, SC) in February 2016.

Interview

There was an initial psychological profile questionnaire, after that a video interview with just you and your camera (they give you the ability to do as many of the practice questions as you want; which I highly recommend to get comfortable). If you get past these initial stages then there is an online evaluation if you will where you skills at paying close attention to detail, typing speed, customer service capabilities, and multitasking are put to the test. For this stage I simply recommend you make sure you're in the proper state of mind, have a place with reliable internet connection, and there is nothing to potentially distract you. It is timed so the aforementioned are vital.
    If you do well with all of this then an interview is scheduled in person for 3 hours. You will meet with your recruiter, get a tour of the facility, shadow a potential co-worker for an hr, interview with an indirect and direct manager for an hour, and finally interview with the manager of the managers for about an hour.
    Everyone was extremely friendly, they gave me water, someone gave me a snickers, and you get the opportunity for a break to go to the bathroom and simply gather yourself for the stages left. The biggest thing I would emphasize for this is be timely with every step (do it as soon as possible it shows your are highly interested in the position and you will get a faster response). Outside of that preparation, preparation, preparation. Do research into the company, know what non-profits are, emphasize your passion and enthusiasm, SEND A THANK YOU EMAIL and make it personal, be prepared for any question and practice your response, smile, maintain eye contact, and be yourself, let the awesome that is you shine through so they can't afford to not hire you!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed, had a customer that couldn't be satisfied, had a disagreement with your superior, had a conflict with a co-worker, etc.
      If it is 1 hr until the super bowl and your tv won't turn on what would you do to try and fix it?
      You are working on a document and an error appears when you try to save, you have to have it in to your boss by COB, what do you do?
      Why do you want to work for Blackbaud?
      Why are you leaving your current, or why did you leave your previous, place of employment?   1 Answer