Blackboard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 7, 2017

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blackboard (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone interview, was asked specific details about every skill listed. Face to face, interviewer talked about hockey and 80's bands.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was told that company is a great place to work and that there was all sorts of ways to advance and grow professionally.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blackboard (Washington, DC) in January 2007.

Interview

Excellent company to work for. Great teams and leadership. Most people are in the 25 to 45 age group. Mentality is work hard,play hard. Benefits are very good and company really cares about its people so they do whatever it takes to make you happy. Telecommuting options are also available.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very good process

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Somerset, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blackboard (Somerset, KY) in April 2013.

Interview

The company was very through with there interview cycle. In my experience this company takes the extra step to make sure they hire good workers. The interview itself took about an hour, one my longest interviews ever.

Interview Questions

• They gave me three computers and wanted me to fix them on the spot.   Answer Question

Content Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blackboard (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

The most lengthy, in-depth interview process I've ever been on at 3 hours long. Their HR person talked to me on the phone on a Monday, then on Tuesday I had a call with the hiring manager, and by Friday I had to come in for an in-person interview having prepared a 30-minute presentation (with slides and all) on any technical topic of my choosing. Second part was an activity that not clear directions were given on and not a lot of team participation even though it was supposed to be a team exercise. Last part was a regular interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell them how I handled a difficult situation with a coworker.   1 Answer

Senior Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Blackboard in December 2013.

Interview

Overall, the process was a bit cumbersome and very lengthy. At the time, the company was going through serious reorganization, and everything just seemed a bit "off" on all fronts. Communication was delayed, and sometimes contradictory information was given. The people were all incredibly wonderful, so no complaints about the staffing...just the process. It appears to need some streamlining and coherency. I interviewed with multiple people across multiple areas and verticals, though the position was never sold as a "matrix-reporting" position, it sure appeared that way. I also picked up some internal chatter that seemed heavy on the office politics.

Again, not a bad experience, buy honestly one of the more odd interview experiences I have had

Interview Questions

• Nothing at all out of the ordinary. Really pretty basic stuff. Lots of "how would you..."   Answer Question

Production Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blackboard.

Interview

HR found my resume from DICE. Contacted me and set up initial interview with hiring manager via phone. Second interview was with hiring manager and several other potential colleagues. There were mainly technical questions about system administration and various technologies. Some questions on personal ambition, career goals, etc. were asked, but it was mainly technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about certain aspects of addressing RAM memory, which I was not aware of.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me a job at a salary scale that I was satisfied with.

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blackboard (Carbondale, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

They questioned me then gave me a lateral thinking test, then I had to troubleshoot a PC problem. They gave me static IP information but no DNS servers.

Interview Questions

• Explain what you are passionate about in IT and how you hope to contribute to the field as your career develops?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blackboard.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview from their internal recruiter then a couple other phone interviews with senior management of the division you were applying for. Then they bring you into their DC headquarters for a face to face and meet the team.

Interview Questions

• Doing a role play with two senior managers. Wasn't expecting it, but he said to sell him the product or services of my last job. Act as if they are the decision makers and I was talking to them, in a first meeting scenario. I wasn't prepared for it, but did fine.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blackboard (Washington, DC) in June 2009.

Interview

Met with four people over 2 days. Two would be colleagues two would be supervisors/management. Questions were 60/40 personality/work style and technical. The focus was on who you were after the tech bonifides were determined. Honest about compensation and advancement, I didn't feel I was snowed at all once I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Despite this being an individual contributor position not related to the education based product I was asked about my thoughts on the industry and how Blackboard could make an impact.   Answer Question

Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blackboard.

Interview

The first interview was via phone with the immediate manager, it was very relaxed, most of all the manager wanted to know how I would fit in the position, my working style and how much I knew about the market and job responsibilities.

The second (and third) interviews were with the (Senior) Account Executives with whom I would be working and the Director Sales. The interview with the Account Executives were about how much I knew about the customer needs, the trends, the market, and so on while the interview with the Director Sales was more focused in my sales approach.

Interview Questions

• A mock presentation to measure my presentation / selling skills   Answer Question