Blackboard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.8

Financial Aid Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blackboard (Killeen, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

After you apply, you'll be asked to complete some assessments. I don't remember what all of them are, but for one of them, you have to do a typing assessment so they can see how many words per minute you can type. Then if you pass that, they'll call you and sort of do a phone interview. They'll ask you if you've ever applied for financial aid, if you plan to go to college, if you're in college, etc. They asked me if I knew the difference between a subsidized and an unsubsidized loan, and they asked me if I knew the difference between a dependent and an independent student. They're just assessing how much you currently know about financial aid. The face-to-face interview was pretty basic. I just filled out a bit of paperwork, and then when it was my turn to speak to the interviewer, she just asked a few questions about my employment history and assessed my multitasking skills by seeing if I could type and talk at the same time. Overall, the interview was pretty easy. They'll hire anyone so don't worry about messing up.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a dependent student and an independent student?   1 Answer

Senior Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blackboard (Washington, DC).

Interview

Interview was simple and well structured.
    Initial phone screening followed by phone interview.
    Direct interview - Two technical rounds with code challenge and behavioral questions.
    Testing best practices and test scenario analysis.
    More emphasis on skills and cultural fit.

Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blackboard in June 2017.

Interview

Very lengthy interview process (6 stages!!!), but it's all remote which makes it manageable. Everyone involved was very professional & positive. Stage 1 was a chat with a HR team member. Stage 2 was a chat with the line manage. Stage 3 was a chat with the department manager. Stage 4 was a chat with the regional sales manager. Stage 5 was a role-play presentation (give a topic a week in advance to allow you to prepare). Stage 6 was a mock response to an RFP.

Interview Questions

• Most queries were around personality and professional competencies. Very few technical queries. Most of the process was in the shape of discussions (mostly informal) which I enjoyed.   Answer Question

Service Delivery Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blackboard (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in February 2015.

Interview

Fly-over to their office in Amsterdam, wait over an hour for someone to show up despite me being there on time. Then a guy who was technical (not a manager at the time) had a chat with me about technical part.

Interview Questions

• There was not a single hard question.   1 Answer

Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blackboard (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

Apply online; company contacts you. Initial contact was a phone interview. Then one on one interviews with the section. Finally, one on one interviews with internal clients.

Interview Questions

• What was the thing - work wise - of which you are most proud?   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blackboard (San Francisco, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

I met with a number of people from a manager, other people in the same job, and even some of the development team. They asked a lot of questions to make sure I was a good fit, as well as some decent technical examples from development. It was very thorough.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to give examples of my database experience.   1 Answer

Channel Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Blackboard (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Managed by the HR departments talent manager, she was very knowledgeable about BlackBoard and how they functioned. She could speak about the technology along with current sales strategy, an excellent interview and very professional. Spoke also with the President and VP of Channel Sales all where easy to speak with and had a clear vision of the role in mind. All were done with Skype interviews with the final one face-to-face.

Interview Questions

• If you don't know the product how long will it require you to learn it?   1 Answer

Senior DevOps Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brno (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blackboard (Brno (Czech Republic)) in January 2017.

Interview

3 Interviews , simple, one logical exam , 1 HHRR interview, once passsed , technical interview with my Technical Manager in US and a collegue , senior Devops engineer , and 1 Interview with my operational manager .

Interview Questions

• one logical exam with 10 questions how to think and react .
      Technical interview with experience in AWS and REdhat
      1 Interview with my operational manager most of past experience and behaviour.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Somerset, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blackboard (Somerset, KY) in April 2013.

Interview

The company was very through with there interview cycle. In my experience this company takes the extra step to make sure they hire good workers. The interview itself took about an hour, one my longest interviews ever.

Interview Questions

• They gave me three computers and wanted me to fix them on the spot.   Answer Question

Industry Strategy Director Higher Education Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blackboard (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

1. Recruiter screening phone call to ensure we were aligned on my skills and salary requirements. (15-20 mins)
    2. Hiring manager phone call - 1 hour long.
    3. Three "peer" or "senior-but-no-dotted line" interviewers via phone - 1 hour long each.
    4. Four on-site interviews in a single day - 1 hour long each.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience in supporting student success in Higher Education.   Answer Question