Blackboard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.8

Industry Strategy Director Higher Education Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blackboard (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

1. Recruiter screening phone call to ensure we were aligned on my skills and salary requirements. (15-20 mins)
    2. Hiring manager phone call - 1 hour long.
    3. Three "peer" or "senior-but-no-dotted line" interviewers via phone - 1 hour long each.
    4. Four on-site interviews in a single day - 1 hour long each.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience in supporting student success in Higher Education.   Answer Question

Facilities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blackboard (Washington, DC) in January 2013.

Interview

Was selected after being assigned by Temp Agency. They offered full-time work after two months and time to buy out contract from Temp Agency. Was only asked if I wanted the job. Did meet with Senior HR person to have lunch and just talk about how I liked working at Blackboard. However, the job was already previously offered.

Interview Questions

• None. I believe they chose to hire me from the Temp agency after observing my work performance and ethics. There was never a formal interview.   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? How did I like working there   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? If I liked the temporary assignment from Temp Agency, would I consider accepting full time work at Blackboard.   1 Answer

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blackboard (Killeen, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

Face to face with a supervisor and then a manager. Then you meet with a contract person. They are who you actually work for different colleges and universities. Then you would meet with another supervisor and team management. Then you receive a call ba k as well as offer letter.

Senior Frontend Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brno (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Blackboard (Brno (Czech Republic)) in December 2016.

Interview

HR interview was via the phone call (not previously announced).

Interview with manager was all about IQ tests / theoretical questions / programming teasers. All he mentioned about front-end development was that they use Angular (version 1). 1/5 of the questions was actually about JS. No single question on CSS (maybe they don't care). ECMA2015+ seems completely unknown for them.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blackboard (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online. A recruiter e-mailed to schedule an initial phone screen. It was a very poorly structured 15 minute interview. The questions were basic - "Why Blackboard?" "Why do you think you are fit for the role." Interviewer was very rude and cut it short. The interview was over before it even started. The recruiter didn't get back with the results and I had to e-mail her twice.

Financial Aid Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blackboard (Greenville, SC) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was short and simple. No complicated questions. The job is sort of the same as the interview. Very laid back. Everyone was inviting. There is a front desk area or lobby that you wait in until your name is called.

Analyst Interview

Interview

I was screened by a recruiter who then recommended to the hiring manager that I be interviewed. The hiring manager interviewed me once by phone, which was a brief review of my resume and a discussion about the job.

I was then invited onsite for an interview with three people: the hiring manager, a team member, and the department head (who ultimately didn't show because he was sick).

The in-person interview questions were largely behavioral/situational. Quite frankly, they weren't very insightful. I was eager to discuss data models and reporting methodology, but they were only interested in things like how I cope with stress and what I would say when given an unrealistic deadline. It was very uninspiring.

I thankfully got an offer from AWS which was as concerned with my abilities as they were with behavioral things.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blackboard (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in April 2016.

Interview

I sent my application for c++ SDK SDE position a month ago, it takes about three rounds interviews.
    The first round was telephone interview. The interviewer asked me some C++ questions, not difficult, just basic questions such as smart pointers, the difference between c and c++, etc. After I passed the first round interview, then HR called me to book an interview on site.
    The second were technical interviews on site. a young guy interviewed me, asked me some basic questions about algorithm, such as finding the biggest sum of a sub array in an int array and also smart pointers.
    The third round was fit culture interview with the boss. He asked me some situations in work, such as how to communicate different teams to accomplish a complicated project, etc.
    The second and third interviews were on same day.
    After all the three interviews, HR discussed the salary package with me.

A happy and easy interview :)

Interview Questions

• mart pointers,
      the difference between c and c++,
      finding the biggest sum of a sub array in an int array
      how to communicate different teams to accomplish a complicated project, etc.
      Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Blackboard (Killeen, TX).

Interview

Applied on their website. And they called me a few days later. I had previous technical support experience. I knew exactly what they were doing and how to help in that specific way for the position I applied for. They sat down at a computer with me and had me show them what I knew like clearing history and clearing cookies and how to expand the browser and simple stuff like that. They asked me if I knew how to refresh an IP address I told them no. I failed the job interview. Keep in mind I know how to do the job and if not could figure it out I'm young and computer savvy. They made me wait past my interview appointment time, and criticized my speed of how I handled situations. I had done the exact same job in the past it had just been 2 Years since I had done it. I swear people don't want to help anyone these days. The whole process took an hour only for them to tell me I didn't qualify they just took me to a room I wasn't even told to sit down then they walked out for like 3 mins came back in and some other person grabbed my paper work and asked me to walk with her, we get to her office and she's like you didn't qualify for the techinal support position and she was like but I'm going to see if you qualify for customer service position. She asked me questions about fasfa I didn't know enough, that wasn't even the position I had applied for. I wasn't acting like I knew anything about fasfa when I applied I just have techinal support experience. She said I didn't qualify either and said if anything opens up we will give you a call. I was mad and I said ok thank you and walked out. After an unprofessional experience and them denying me I'm glad I didn't get the job. P.S they are having a job fair a few days after my interview and we all know at job fairs they hire anyone. But they couldn't hire me? With past experience doing the same thing I had done before? Oh my gosh and they made me take this 100 question test about how things made me feel and what kind of attitude I have.

Interview Questions

• They ask you about clearing history on all browsers clearing cookies download browsers see if a printer is connected to the computer refreshing IP address   Answer Question

Partner Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blackboard (Chico, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I spoke with the hiring manager and 3 other team members by phone only. Each conversation was a half-an-hour long. The team was mostly looking for my communication skills and ability to work with others. Given my resume, my technical skills based on the prior jobs I've held are obvious and they didn't seem to feel a need to verify those.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what my ideal job would be.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't much to negotiate. I did come back for a slightly higher salary given that Blackboard was not offering as much paid time off as my prior employeer. They gave a bit. There wasn't much negotiation.