Blackboard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 7, 2017

2.8

Content Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blackboard (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

The most lengthy, in-depth interview process I've ever been on at 3 hours long. Their HR person talked to me on the phone on a Monday, then on Tuesday I had a call with the hiring manager, and by Friday I had to come in for an in-person interview having prepared a 30-minute presentation (with slides and all) on any technical topic of my choosing. Second part was an activity that not clear directions were given on and not a lot of team participation even though it was supposed to be a team exercise. Last part was a regular interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell them how I handled a difficult situation with a coworker.   1 Answer

Proposal Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blackboard.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter for Blackboard got back to me in about two weeks. The email asking for a phone screening was clearly a generic mass email to all potential candidates, which should have immediately raise a red flag. The recruiter's follow-up confirmation email to me regarding our schedule interview time also lacked a courteous addressed greeting. During the interview, I was asked for a brief summary of my skills set, we talked about what I wanted out of a job, I was given a brief description of it, and then I was asked about why as a college graduate of two weeks I had not been able to secure a job immediately after graduation. I was honestly shocked at how unprofessional and rude the recruiter was towards me. If she didn't see me as a viable candidate, why waste my time and hers to set up an interview in the first place.

Interview Questions

• Why have you not been able to secure a job right out of graduating college?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Blackboard (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Met with 3 people. Fairly easy though it seemed a bit unstructured. All of them asked me numerous times if I had any questions, which got awkward after a while. I had the impression that they had picked someone else before I even came in.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blackboard (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online. A recruiter e-mailed to schedule an initial phone screen. It was a very poorly structured 15 minute interview. The questions were basic - "Why Blackboard?" "Why do you think you are fit for the role." Interviewer was very rude and cut it short. The interview was over before it even started. The recruiter didn't get back with the results and I had to e-mail her twice.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blackboard (Dallas, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call from recruiter to schedule an interview on Skype. 3 People interviewed me. Behavioral questions. Some technical questions. They were more focus on job description. Job description was confusing and the interview questions were irrelevant. Explained what blackboard does and what an intern will do during internship.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses?
      Difficult situation handled?
      How do you manage conflicts?
      Do you know about Cloud computing and data Management?
      Answer Question

Director, Digital Marketing and Campaign Demand Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Blackboard (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

I found the job post on LinkedIn, submitted an application through Blackboard's online site. I got an email from a really nice woman in HR who did the first phone screen, told me my qualifications (from my most recent position) were perfectly aligned with the requirements for the role and then set up a phone screen with the hiring manager. That's where the process ended for me.

Interview Questions

• The call was scheduled for 30 minutes but was cut short by the interviewer (who was the hiring manager for the position). He asked the standard "tell me about yourself," and I focused on how what I'd been doing in my most recent position was exactly what the job post required. He asked why I wanted to leave and I told him the truth--that my position had just been eliminated by the company as part of a broader cost-cutting effort. The hiring manager couldn't get me off the phone fast enough at that point and actually said to me, "Companies don't let good employees go." He also made a point of telling me that not everyone who was screened by phone would be invited for an on-site interview, so it came as no surprise when I got a timely email from the HR person that informed me that "the manager has selected other candidates to further evaluate."   1 Answer

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Blackboard (Washington, DC) in August 2015.

Interview

phone call with supervisor, then a 3 person panel interview on-site. one person kept checking his phone, and the interaction among the rest seemed like they are very clique-y. They knew I had another offer but did not inform me of the interview result at all. I did not see much diversity while I was there.

Interview Questions

• If your references can say one negative thing about you, what would it be? (such a bs question. I had no idea but had to come up with something)   Answer Question

Administration Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blackboard.

Interview

The interview consisted of in-depth phone interview with recruiting and then in person with the manager. When advised that they would make a decision quick, it has been over two weeks and with you having to do follow up emails and no information back from the company as to if a decision has been made.

Interview Questions

• Situational based questions? Make sure you know your field and your experiences and have STAR format ready.   Answer Question

Solution Engineer Interview

Interview

Internal interview.... recruiter said I would not be qualified for the job because I had the "wrong Job title...." despite the fact that I had ALL of the skills and required experience.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Blackboard (Killeen, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Go into the office take the assessment if you pass you move on to the first interview if she feels like your a good candidate she'll send you to the second interview. He'll give you a number at the beginning, ask a series of questions, then ask you to repeat the number that was given at the beginning of the interview.

Interview Questions

• If I knew anything about fasfa and if I've ever filled out an fasfa application   Answer Question