Blackhawk Network Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated May 8, 2017

2.9

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

There was a phone screen with HR. Then the following week I was brought in for in person interview with team member and a couple of phone interviews. They followed up the next month for a final in-person interview with the hiring manager's manager. Overall the process was average. What was annoying as that they didn't bother to contact me via email or phone to let me know that I didn't get the job. The other thing that I noticed was that when I was brought in, the vibe of the department was not good. (People did not look happy.) I just got a bad feeling about the place and was actually relieved that they didn't offer me a position because they don't pay very well.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work late hours every now and then because we work with engineering teams in other parts of country/world.   Answer Question

Associate Partner Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was great. The recruiter I worked with was very fast to respond and helpful setting up time that worked for me, the interviews are two hours long so if you are currently working it's helpful that they are flexible.

The interviewers asked questions but they also give you plenty of time to ask them questions and discuss anything you would like to about the company and/or job. They used behavioral interview questions but also just asked questions about your past/present position and why you think you would be a good addition to the team and company.

Overall very positive and pleasant experience. I will definitely apply here again.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had a disagreement with management and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

It was onsite meeting with the engineering team members. I met individually with about 8 team members that asked technical and skill set questions. They also asked questions about previous job skills and if I had any gift card or payment industry experience. In general the interview was fine and the team was professional and thorough.

Senior Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was a contractor before so I didn't have full formal interviews to go through. Plus, I confirmed they never even called my references. It was more about getting my background information filled out so I could start was the high priority.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was put through multiple interviews over a 7 month period of time (mostly 1:1 interviews). In every interview, everyone was very impressed and we felt like we were already bonding as a team. I went through the process professionally & graciously, even though they apologized on many occasions about the process dragging out for so long. They finally made me a great offer & 3 days later they retracted the offer (they claimed it was a budget issue). They said they would stay in touch, but after 5 months, I've not heard a single word from them. I wanted to share this so others won't be fooled by their promises.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was - how do you want to start this?   1 Answer

Product Implementation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, interview style casual to moderate. Basic questions, a lot about whether you fit the culture. It's really on weather they like you like you or not. I felt I had a good rapport with the interviewers, however I could have conducted/presented myself a little more professionally...ie they expect you in a dress or pant suit

Interview Questions

• How do you multitask when there's a lot on your plate, how do you stay organized?   1 Answer

Senior Staff Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Pretty basic. 4 people (Engineer, Contractor and 2 Managers)....they were a little distracted by a catastrophe that was occurring. I pretty much walked right through it. Approx. 3 hours, so an average length (the longest interview I'd endured was 5.75 hours and 12 people).

Interview Questions

• What is a Cross-Site Request Forgery attack.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Typical BS negotiation. They want to know what you're getting paid, they make an offer. No winner for the employee here.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

1 phone screen and one onsite interview, Was offered very low salary and recruiter was not all responsive. Don't know if this was his attitude or the company's. I went for another offer. They just did not seem to care about losing someone they selected after spending so much time on interviewing. Must say I was totally disappointed since I did not expect this from a Company I wanted to get into for a long time.

Interview Questions

• Multithreading questions, REST questions   1 Answer

Senior Staff Software Engineer-QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

1st round telephonic interview- 30 min easy and generic testing concepts
    2nd round technical face to face with 4 members
    it was good, the director of QA was very interactive and QA lead also had good interaction, HR was very kind to call and inform

Interview Questions

• 1. how will you manage when there is high stress at work
      2. How will you fix conflicts with developers
      3.sql queries -distinct on multiple columns, duplicates on 3 fields -how will you display distinct on all 3 fields, replace null with '4' without using update -using select query
      4. Failed in production, passed in test -how will you handle this as a QA member
      5. 1 million records ,but 100K mising in destination table, how will you find where its missing .
      6. Agile/JIRA
      7. unique creative way of doing wokr-in past with eg
      Answer Question

Account Manager I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blackhawk Network (Pleasanton, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and within a day or 2 was contract by a recruiter for a phone interview. After that I recieved an on site interview, and it was one of if not the worst interview experience I have ever had. I interviewed with three people at one, the manager of the team and 2 people in the role. Two of the people I was speaking with were very nice and friendly. However the third person was just awful and made me feel like I was unwanted and made me think why did they call me in for an interview. I was interviewing with a few companies at that time and was fortunate to receive another offer before I even heard from the recruiter. However I know if I was offered the job I would have declined the process was so horrible and I could not visualize myself working with the team.

Interview Questions

• They asked pretty basic interview questions about my experience and background.   Answer Question