Blackmon Mooring Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blackmon Mooring Interview Questions

Updated Mar 1, 2017

2.0

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blackmon Mooring.

Interview

First interview was a 1:1, second was a 3:1 both were very professional and more like a good conversation than an intimidating interview. I felt respected, and like I was not only being interviewed but given the opportunity to really interview them. Which showed a healthy company culture.

Interview Questions

• What do I feel is an important part of who I am?   1 Answer

Restoration Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blackmon Mooring (Lubbock, TX).

Interview

Interview was friendly, to the point, instructive. I showed interest in getting there 45 minutes early to complete any necessary paper work. He told how the company operated in disasters of fire, drunks going through houses with cars and they are there to patch home up even at 3am when hardware store are closed

Interview Questions

• Can I travel from home in emergency on call situations, even be gone months at a time. This company is worldwide.   1 Answer

Construction Estimator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blackmon Mooring (Arlington, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

I was brought in through a referral. The construction manager described the job in detail. He asked about experiences. He essentially hired me upon conclusion. I advised that I needed to provide 2 weeks notice to my employer so I could complete projects I was working on. They agreed. He emailed an offer sheet and I accepted. It was as painless as possible.

Interview Questions

• Their biggest concern was that I was coming from a different part of the industry and whether I could handle the pressure that comes with the job.   1 Answer

Cleaner Interview

Interview

Told me he would hire me without even talking to me

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blackmon Mooring (Fort Worth, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online, received an e-mail to schedule an interview. Interview manager was very accommodating in scheduling, and it was very easy to decide on a date and time. The interview itself was very casual, and both interviewers were personable and conversational. It felt like a conversation rather an interview.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work in a solitary, confined and noisy environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none. They explained the pay and benefits.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blackmon Mooring (Amarillo, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

Although I was friends with the general manager, there was a 3-4 step process in getting hired. First, I had a two hour interview with the General Manager where we discussed my background, the company history, and good deal of detail about the position itself. Second, I had a 1 hour interview with the Sales Manager where we covered some of the same things as above but covered more on the expectations of the job. Lastly, I met with the other Project Coordinator where I was asked some generic interview questions. The questions were not tuff and the last interview was pretty short. I was up against 3-4 other people for the position and overall the interviewing process was pretty laid back.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It is a draw on commission position so there are no negotiations.