Blain’s Farm and Fleet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 28, 2017

2.1

Automotive Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rock Island, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blain’s Farm and Fleet (Rock Island, IL).

Interview

I was called back soon after applying on Glassdoor. Interview was set up quickly, filled out a paper application upon arriving for interview. Went up to the manager's office for the interview, which was fairly informal. Was sent for drug test and submitted background check that day. Once results were in, I was called back to set up an orientation.

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Blain’s Farm and Fleet in August 2017.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me quickly and set up a time to speak over the phone. Background and basic questions were typical but there were several questions that were very difficult and out of place for the first conversation about the position. He also mentioned that they'd be contacting people within the next several days if they were bringing them in for interviews. It's been two weeks and I haven't heard anything and I always appreciate a quick e-mail or call that they are looking at other candidates.

Retail Management Training Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Janesville, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blain’s Farm and Fleet (Janesville, WI) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview process was painless. I was contacted by phone from the corporate office so they could set up a phone interview. Interviewed with the Talent Requisition Manager and his intern over the phone, about 45 minutes. Very laid back and conversation like, but still had structured questions built in. Not the standard questions everyone else uses, they ask about your experience and detail the questions into what you have actually experienced. After phone interview, I was contacted after two weeks to set up an interview at the corporate office. This was a very informal laid back interview that was had with the previous interviewers, touching heavily on the ability to relocate requirement, going over all aspects of the program and benefits and pay. A few more questions about me, really just recapping from the phone interview. After 45 minutes I was offered the job contingent on pending background and drug test results.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate to any of our stores in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Iowa?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blain’s Farm and Fleet in May 2017.

Interview

I went in and filled out a paper app, one manager asked me a couple questions, I took a test on the computer and then the manager sent me for a drug test.

Automotive Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blain’s Farm and Fleet (Bloomington, IL).

Interview

It was a very easy process, but I had 7+ years of automotive work experience. Only pursued this role to help supplement income while finishing undergraduate degree, so I did not prepare for the interview at all. If you have any automotive experience, they will hire you.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Romeoville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blain’s Farm and Fleet (Romeoville, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call for interview. Went into the store. Asked to fill out paper application. Had interview. Hired! The entire interview process went smoothly, and the outcome was very positive.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have?   1 Answer

Small Engine Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blain’s Farm and Fleet (Bloomington, IL).

Interview

Applied with paper application that a friend had given me. Turned in application and within a day recieved a call from one of the assistant managers. Asked a few questions and then he invited me in for an interview. Arrived for interview early, but he was ready to see me when i arrived. He asked a few questions and then I met the store manager briefly. He then asked if i had time to fill out some paperwork and take a REID test (A "would you have your mother arrested for stealing" test.). After all of that he said he would give me a call soon. A couple days later maybe 3, he called and offered me the job. I accepted and scheduled when I would be doing orientation.

Interview Questions

• Asked if i knew what I was doing, and some get to know you questions. Nothing bizarre or intense.   Answer Question

Senior Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Janesville, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blain’s Farm and Fleet (Janesville, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online mid September. Had one phone interview and was brought in for two very involved and long interviews. I had to accommodate their schedule and took time off from my job to interview. Made it to the top 3 applicants, and was told I would be contacted by the end of the week for an update. Received a few voice mails over the next two weeks, returning calls promptly, but never connected back with HR.

Finally received a voicemail that I did not get the job. Would rather stay with my current company that respects my time and pays me a good salary. Sorry I ever applied.

Interview Questions

• Intense questions from four different upper management executives   Answer Question

Bookkeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morton, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blain’s Farm and Fleet (Morton, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

The job was for a bookkeeping position, turned out to be head cashier. The job description online and the job title is very misleading. This position also requires you to manage all of the other cashiers for a whopping 25 cents more than what cashiers are paid. $9.25/hour. No employee benefits for part time, not even an employee discount! You might as well work as a cashier at Walmart for $9.16/ hour. Way too much responsibility and not enough money for what they expect of this job. It's not even bookkeeping work.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, what was the hardest part of your last job. Not many questions.   1 Answer

Small Engine Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubuque, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Blain’s Farm and Fleet (Dubuque, IA) in October 2016.

Interview

They sat me down and asked about mechanic experience that I had. They talked about what issues they had coming into the store in the past 2 years. They talked bout what would be expected of me and what an average day would be in my department.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what background I had that would qualify for the position.   Answer Question