Blend Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 94 of over 492 interviews

Employee Referral19%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Blend

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blend

Interview

The experience was terrible. The recruiter didn't email an invite when scheduling the technical screen so I missed the first one. Although we were able to reschedule it and I did relatively well in the interview, they completely ghosted me and only replied they would not be moving forward after I followed up much later.

Interview Questions
  • 1 Algorithm question and 1 system design question
    Answer Question

Blend

Application

I interviewed at Blend

Interview

Had a technical 1 hr interview with Blend. The interviewer was very nice and helpful. I don't think you need DS or Algos for that one just how to write clean code in JS.

Interview Questions
  • Don't recall the exact question but involved string manipulation and HTML parsing

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on

Finance

47.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Blend~883709
Join the conversation on

Blend

Application

I interviewed at Blend in Feb 2022

Interview

Recruiter reached out on an online platform and we decided to schedule a call but recruiter kind of completely forgot to do that. After a couple of follow-ups, the call was scheduled. However, the recruiter never called and completely ghosted.

Blend

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blend in Feb 2022

Interview

Chat with recruiter, then chat with hiring manager, then standard virtual on-site with some coding, sys design, and behavioral rounds Overall very enjoyable experience. The recruiters were willing to work around my schedule and the interviewers were very enjoyable to talk to and work with. The communication was top notch throughout the whole process!

Interview Questions
  • Coding questions were mostly practical (i.e. setting up service or building UI as opposed to LC questions)

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blend (San Francisco, CA) in Feb 2022

Interview

Recruiter screen (half hour), hiring manager technical screen (one and a half hours), and final round (technical, behavioral, design for a total of 5 hours). Got my results within 24 hours of the final round.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Blend

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blend in Dec 2021

Interview

First I was sent an online assessment which was a HackerRank. The morning after completing the assessment, I was contacted by their university recruiter, asking for a phone screen. This interview lasted about 20 minutes. I was asked logistical questions like whether I would require to be sponsored by a visa, and when my expected graduation was. A couple basic behavioral questions were asked as well. After the phone screen, I was scheduled to do a sixty minute technical phone screen with a Software Engineer at the company. The first ten minutes were behavioral and the remaining time was spent on solving a Leetcode-style question. Overall a chill interview process. I failed coming up with a solution on the Leetcode question, miserably.

Interview Questions
  • Recruiter Phone Screen - Tell me about yourself? Technical Phone Screen - Tell me about one of the projects listed on your resume.

Blend

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Blend

Interview

There was an initial phone screen, then a one hour call with the hiring manager, then a technical interview, and finally an all-day virtual onsite. The onsite was a mix of behavioral and technical interviews.

Interview Questions
  • When there are disagreements on a team about how to proceed, what are your strategies to resolve those disagreements?
1 person found this interview helpful

Blend

Application

I interviewed at Blend

Interview

1 Hiring Manager Round - Talked about current Role 1 Phone Round - Coding (data structures) 6 Onsite Rounds - 1 demo of the product, 2 Coding rounds (data structures), 1 System Design round (distributed systems), 1 team chat and 1 Hiring Manager round (behavioral questions and recent project that I worked on) All the interviewers are very approachable. Very pleasant interview experience. Would definitely recommend interviewing

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Blend

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blend in Oct 2021

Interview

(Interviewed during COVID) First stage was a practical technical exercise. Interviewer was friendly, nothing too crazy. Second stage was the final round, and was a near full day block in a zoom call. Rough itinerary: - Behavioral (Talked about eng. org, working with people) - Technical: Practical problem - Technical: Puzzle problem (semi-practical, not too bad) - Technical: Systems architecture/design Interview was very well-organized and professional, and they were apparently taking good notes.

Interview Questions
  • Tech: Building a (very) simple "game" Behavioral: Standard talk, but felt very fluid and conversational

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Blend (San Francisco, CA) in Oct 2021

Interview

- First, a call with the Engineering Manager for past experience and culture fit - A technical screen on zoom - Virtual onsite including 1 product demo, 3 technical rounds, 1 chat with team member, 1 behavioral round with hiring manager - Two additional rounds because I was switched to another team: 1 hiring manager, 1 system design

Interview Questions
  • Medium difficulty algorithm and system design questions. There is a project component during onsite (depending on the role).
Viewing 1 - 10 of 94 Interviews