Blinds.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 27, 2017

2.6

Design Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blinds.com (Houston, TX).

Interview

Met with employee panel, then manager who hired me on the spot. Apparently the company was desperate for people to fill positions which should have been a warning, but they chalked it up to a business growing by leaps and bounds.

Interview Questions

• Do I work well with others, and have a reliable mode of transportation to work.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blinds.com (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I was invited for a formal face to face meeting with the team. I enjoyed meeting everyone within the organization, however my meeting with Marketing was one of my horrible experiences. I felt that he had some type of attitude towards me, but I didn't know what I had did as he didn't want to speak with me anyway. I definitely was not his choice, thank God for the Holy Spirt that would lead and guide you because as bad as I felt after the interview. No one contacted me or followed up with even by email. Just recently I emailed HR for a follow up and still no response. Sometimes God allows you to see a company's truth before you actually get in to deep. Please practice your communication style and delivery style. you can deliver bad news and people will appreciate your honestly no matter what the outcome is.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if someone gave me 5 million dollars.   1 Answer

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blinds.com (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

process took about 2 weeks, recruiter call on a wed... had a phone interview. she called me back in a couple hours asking i come in for a interview the next day. went to the face to face interview... It went well the next day the called ask can i meet with the director of CS.. had that interview.. Then the next morning they called and offered me the job,

Interview Questions

• She had me act like like i was on the phone talking to a customer   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Application

Interview

First off, let me say that I am not one to write a review, but I feel one is definitely warranted after the level of professionalism and curtiosy I received during my application process with Blinds.com.

I have been job hunting for the past 5 months and dealing with multiple recruiting agencies and Recruiting managers. Blinds.com has really set the bar when it comes to transparency, communication, and feedback.

During the initial phone screening, it really felt like the recruiting manager was taking the time to get a good understanding of not only my expertise, but also me as a person. I did not feel like I was just a number in, what I could only imagine, a giant stack of resumes. Laughs were had and there was a sense of comfort during the call. At the end it was clearly communicated to me that in the chance a few days had gone by without hearing anything from her, to give a quick phone call or email to check the status. To my surprise, I did not have to do this and the feedback that was given was not only positive but tailored to the conversation we had at the beginning of the week. I can imagine this is no simple task for such a highly rated and sought out company in Houston.

So a BIG Thank You to HR for making the experience feel significant from start to finish. It was a breath of fresh air after so many other disappointing application experiences.

Interview Questions

• What were my passions and values inside and outside of the work force.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blinds.com (Houston, TX).

Interview

First interview included an initial tour of the office. It was amazing! Anyone would be so impressed by their office structure & company culture. The HR rep was also a great guy.
    After the tour I spoke with a manager & later spoke with two actual employees. The first manager was so nice and made it feel like a conversation rather than an interview. It made me feel easy and comfortable. The other two employees were two women in the position I was applying for. They were also really nice and down to earth. I was not nervous at all because of them.
    The final interview was with the director of CS. Now this one I was nervous for. She was a nice lady, but was straight forward. I could tell she wanted to really know who I was and why I wanted to work here. Overall, wonderful experience! Best recruiting experience I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• What experiences have I HAd in the past, where a customer did not budge and decided not to work with me and how did I handle that?   Answer Question

Content Marketer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blinds.com (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online after a business associate told me about the company and said to use his name as referral. After reading about their culture, I felt like it would be a perfect fit. I was contacted by a recruiter via email within a week. I had a phone interview with the recruiter within a day of getting in touch via email. It was a very casual, easy interview. Most of the questions centered around culture and how I approach work; nothing tactical was asked.

The recruiter was very easy to talk to and ended the talk with salary requirements and discussed bringing me in for an in-person interview. While I indicated the salary was lower than what I was currently making, I told the recruiter I was still interested in coming in as the (alleged) culture of the company impressed me so much. The recruiter told me they'd check with the hiring manager about dates.

And then I waited ... and waited some more. Remembering that the recruiter said, "Don't be afraid to bug me via email if you haven't heard back," I pinged them via email twice to get a status update, but never heard anything back. About a month went by and I saw that the job posting was removed from the Blinds.com website. I never received a rejection letter or call.

Overall, this left me pretty unimpressed. For a company that touts culture so much, to not even follow up with a candidate so interested in the company left me sour.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blinds.com in May 2016.

Interview

The process was dragged out approximately 2 months. A few weeks after applying I was sent a request for dates in order to set up a phone screen/interview. After sending info and several emails to recruiter without any response. I received a generic rejection email suggesting that I redo my resume in order to secure an interview (the same phone interview they requested dates for.) After posting a review on here about the negative experience. I was then contacted again to set up another phone interview. At this point it was obvious that they were just going through the motions and had no intentions of taking my application seriously, as this rescheduled interview was clearly in response to the review I posted on here about their sub-par recruitment process. Repeated follow up emails received no response but an unfavorable review got their immediate attention. I will say that the recruiter I spoke with appeared to be genuine and professional, and probably was making the best of the resources that were available.

However, for a company that features a "google like" culture their recruitment process needs significant revamping and additional personal. As this is the first interaction potential employees have with the company. It’s OK to have a “cool office”, and cartoon character days at work, but not when you don't have adequate resources to maintain your recruiting department. The idea that all potential employees care about is being able to wear shorts and t-shirts to work, and eat cake all day has been a bit overblown. Having a streamlined business operation from recruiting to when the product reaches the customer is also important to potential employees. My experience with this company has shown that not all that glitters is gold. I was initially excited about the prospects of working for the company as depicted on their website and media pages. However, the inconsistencies in the recruiting process for me was a sign of how operations are probably conducted at the departmental levels. From the other reviews I have read I am glad it turned out the way it did.

Recruiter also stated that the process consisted of 4 interviews plus providing a work sample. Seems a bit excessive for the position and nature of the work.

Interview Questions

• what skills do you have that will help in this role
      salary expectations
      strengths
      what do you know about the company
      why do you want to work here
      experience with certain applications, excel, tableau   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blinds.com (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out and set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. That seemed to go well, so an on site interview was scheduled. I first interviewed with the hiring manager. Typical questions were asked like, "Tell me your background," and some deeper ones that dove into actual scenarios to assess softer and technical skill sets. Afterwards, 2 other managers within the hiring manager's org interviewed me together. Funnily, one of the managers was finishing up a game of ping pong and was a little sweaty as a result. Apparently he was participating in a tournament. Back to the interview - There was a lot of overlap in what the first interviewer & second pair of interviewers asked but with minor tweaks that reflected the expertise of their team. The 3 managers I met with were all new with the most tenured had 3 or 4 months of experience with the organization.

An interesting tidbit is that phone staff could essentially place themselves in a non-working state and participate in activities like the ping pong tournament during their slot. If you've worked in a call center you know how 'out there' this sounds for staff to jump off the phones when you plan for them to be there. It is definitely a different environment from others!

Everyone I encountered was pleasant and professional. However, I did get an odd vibe from one of the managers that made me feel like he was out to trip me up. I approach an interview confident in what I know and willingly acknowledge what I don't. No big deal, but I had not experienced someone TRYING to trip me up before in an interview. That was the only difficult part of the interview, but overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your background in reporting and analytics.   Answer Question

Retention Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blinds.com (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I had a screening phone interview with HR. HR called back a couple of days later to schedule an in-person interview and before that I had to submit a personality quiz. The in-person interview happened about a week later with the person this role would report to. At the in-person interview, an HR representative gave me an office tour. About a week after the in-person interview I was asked to complete a skills test that took several hours and was given about a day and a half to turn it in.

Design Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blinds.com (Houston, TX).

Interview

They will literally take any warm body who shows some sort of interest in working in a call center. They call it a customer engagement center. Disorganized cattle call of perspective candidates being led from one room to the next, by very nice, but somewhat confused Human Resources assistant.

Interview Questions

• If you had a theme song about your life, what would it be?   1 Answer