Blinds to Go Design Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

2.6

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Design Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Blinds to Go.

Interview

The company ask you to stop by one of the blindstogo showroom to take a look around the store. There you are greeted by the manager and there shr ask you questions about yourself and where you work. Then she goes into detail about the company.

Interview Questions

• who do or did you work for   1 Answer
  • are you interested in becoming a manager   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Blinds to Go

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blinds to Go (Troy, MI).

Interview

Felt more like an interrogation than interview! They have NO problem asking hard, personal & sometimes what seemed inappropriate questions! But after being employed with BTG for a while it all made sense! BTG invests in new employees from the start! Sending them to BTG "University" in Montreal Quebec for 1 week PAID training. Hotel, air & transportation all provided by the company! At the end of the day none of it really mattered because employees dropped like flies regardless!

Interview Questions

• Do you have any children? How many? Boy/girl? How old?   2 Answers
    • Are you and his father....together? Is he involved?   1 Answer
    • Do you currently have a boyfriend? Who's gonna help you take care of your son while you're at work? What if he's sick? Could you call his dad?   2 Answers

Negotiation

There wasn't 1!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blinds to Go (Paramus, NJ).

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruiter for Blinds to Go. It went pretty fast and straight forward and she also gave me information about where and when my in-person interview was going to be.

During my in person interview with the store manager there, I also met the training manager and the new employees being trained under her. Everyone was nice and friendly and I felt comfortable in this type of job environment. I basically shadowed them for about half hour until the store manager brought me into another room to conduct the interview. This is where it went downhill even though at first we connected and I did feel like I was comfortable. She threw a lot of curveballs at me but they had nothing to do with my experience and background and maybe why I would be a good fit in the company. She was asking me questions about my job search and the positions I was applying for which again what does that have to do with me succeeding as a design consultant? I did tell her my current position being a seller at a retail store and how I achieved my accomplishments but she was more concerned about where else I was looking for work and the key words I was typing while doing that. She then set me up with a final interview with the recruiter that I spoke to on the phone.

During my final interview with the recruiter, the same thing was happening. She was more concerned with where and how I was applying to jobs instead of focusing more on testing my knowledge on selling for the company and learning as much as possible. After the interview was done, she was going to make a decision and then contact me to let me know whether or not I got the position, but I was never contacted ever again.

Interview Questions

• What types of jobs were you seeking after you got out of school?   Answer Question
    • What categories were you searching during your job search?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blinds to Go (Lakewood, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

Three interviews total. Every one was very nice. They have you visit with the sales team to make sure you are truly interested in the job. Lots of growth potential and commission on top of base salary.

Design Consultant Interview

Interview

The company seems cool overall..I went to to one of the stores for a visit and that went great,had a phone interview and that went well also,had a 1 on 1 interview with a recruiter and that went excellent..when I had my last interview the manager told me to my face I wouldn't fit in with their company standards,I was judged on not remembering the meaning of my first name,he crossed out my first name and wrote it out the way he wanted to on my resume,told me there's no such thing as bad management,didn't believe my story to why I wanted to leave my current employer,kept looking out the door to stare at the receptionist and told me to my face I can't take criticism without even knowing me..that made me look at the whole company in a whole new perspective and if you really look at this situation it's a form of discrimination..let me add..the whole interview was very unprofessional and no he wasn't another race..never have I experienced something like this and I hope this doesn't happen to another person again..I actually tried to reach out to someone to discuss it and I was ignored

Interview Questions

• What does my first name mean,what previous jobs have I applied for and why haven't I received a call for a interview????   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bay Shore, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blinds to Go (Bay Shore, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I did two interviews one with Supervisor her name is Rachel and with another guy I forgot hes name,but he is partners of the CEO of Blinds To Go and then after my interviews I had to take a drug test and give them Reference which by the way they didn't call at all when they ask me?

Anonymous Employee in Bay Shore, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blinds to Go (Bay Shore, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I had someone call me from there cooperate office in New Jersey who I guess was the CEO or the guy who is partner with the company call me and ask me to visit there show room store in patchogue and speak to Diane who was the manager there,and so I did.... Long story short I like the job so far and I called back the person who first called me and told him that I was interested, and he set up an interview with Rachel, The day of my interview I first spoke to Rachael and I was supposed to have a second interview but he happen to be at the store and he saw me and decided to do my second interview since he happen to be there anyways. Then I took a drug test and about a week later I got called and was afford the job and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• The second interview I had as my first interview with Rachel was he ask me personal question which I thought to myself was wired, But I needed a job really bad so I just gave him answers of what any questions he had for me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay was really low, every design consultant starts at $24,000 a year pluse 2 % commission off of anything you sell.

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blinds to Go (King of Prussia, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview and was scheduled to visit the showroom. After the visit I interviewed twice with them. The interview process took about 9 days. BTG offered me the Design Consultant position . I was scheduled to sit down and go over the offer. The base salary was great plus commission. They offer benefits which was awesome. I accepted the offer and took the drug test. The next step was the Blinds to Go university for 5 days which was a paid training . They covered all my accommodation and food.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about the company? What are your career goals? What other companies have you applied to?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blinds to Go (Everett, MA) in November 2012.

Interview

The found my resume online. Called me in to go see the store. Manager asked me illegal questions regarding my age and ethnic background. Called me back in to meet with both HR people. Kept asking illegal interview questions. They didn't like it when I asked them questions about working 10 hour days or having to clean the bathrooms.

It seems to me that they only want to hire people who are in their twenties and straight out of college.

Interview Questions

• How old are you? Where were you born? What is your "race"?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blinds to Go (Springfield, PA) in February 2011.

Interview

Long process with multiple people. Asks about previous jobs.. why you chose them.. how you chose them.. what you plan on getting out of it. Breakdown of what you did at each previous job on resume. Asked for your feedback and end of interview and gave you feedback as well.

Interview Questions

• Giving the interviewer feedback on the interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase... salary is set for all new hires (as I was told)