Blinds to Go Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blinds to Go Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

2.5

Design Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Blinds to Go.

Interview

The company ask you to stop by one of the blindstogo showroom to take a look around the store. There you are greeted by the manager and there shr ask you questions about yourself and where you work. Then she goes into detail about the company.

Interview Questions

• who do or did you work for   1 Answer
    • are you interested in becoming a manager   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blinds to Go (Troy, MI).

Interview

Felt more like an interrogation than interview! They have NO problem asking hard, personal & sometimes what seemed inappropriate questions! But after being employed with BTG for a while it all made sense! BTG invests in new employees from the start! Sending them to BTG "University" in Montreal Quebec for 1 week PAID training. Hotel, air & transportation all provided by the company! At the end of the day none of it really mattered because employees dropped like flies regardless!

Interview Questions

• Do you have any children? How many? Boy/girl? How old?   2 Answers
    • Are you and his father....together? Is he involved?   1 Answer
    • Do you currently have a boyfriend? Who's gonna help you take care of your son while you're at work? What if he's sick? Could you call his dad?   2 Answers

Negotiation

There wasn't 1!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blinds to Go (Paramus, NJ).

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruiter for Blinds to Go. It went pretty fast and straight forward and she also gave me information about where and when my in-person interview was going to be.

During my in person interview with the store manager there, I also met the training manager and the new employees being trained under her. Everyone was nice and friendly and I felt comfortable in this type of job environment. I basically shadowed them for about half hour until the store manager brought me into another room to conduct the interview. This is where it went downhill even though at first we connected and I did feel like I was comfortable. She threw a lot of curveballs at me but they had nothing to do with my experience and background and maybe why I would be a good fit in the company. She was asking me questions about my job search and the positions I was applying for which again what does that have to do with me succeeding as a design consultant? I did tell her my current position being a seller at a retail store and how I achieved my accomplishments but she was more concerned about where else I was looking for work and the key words I was typing while doing that. She then set me up with a final interview with the recruiter that I spoke to on the phone.

During my final interview with the recruiter, the same thing was happening. She was more concerned with where and how I was applying to jobs instead of focusing more on testing my knowledge on selling for the company and learning as much as possible. After the interview was done, she was going to make a decision and then contact me to let me know whether or not I got the position, but I was never contacted ever again.

Interview Questions

• What types of jobs were you seeking after you got out of school?   Answer Question
    • What categories were you searching during your job search?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blinds to Go (Lakewood, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview Process had two steps. In the first step, I went to the Lakewood Manufacturing Facility for my first interview. I met with the manager there who gave me a mock sale and showed me around. Then the interview took place with her asking me questions about myself. In the next step, I went to the Training Facility in Paramus to meet with the VP. He also asked me questions about myself. The questions they asked were not hard and straight forward. They want to see who you are as a person to see if you're a good fit for the company.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Blinds to Go.

Interview

The process was really easy, first I had to go in the store to basically see if it was something I would like to do than I had 2 interviews after that

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blinds to Go (Paramus, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

There were 3 interviews. on the first I went to the closed office with no instruction to enter through the store location. I found my way into the store where I spent about 45 minutes speaking with store staff. They assumed I was there about a store position and seemed surprised that I was being interviewed for a corporate role. After that I was led into the corporate office lobby where I waited a good 20 minutes for the interviewer to finally come down. It was a pretty good conversation after that. Then I was invited back after nearly a week for a follow up interview with 2 additional recruiters, then the vice Chair again. Then after radio silence for almost 2 weeks, I was asked to come back for a "final interview" which ended up being a job offer. The process was a bit disorganized, and each time I waited for at least 20 minutes past the scheduled time.

Interview Questions

• Most questions focused on why I was leaving my employer and very little to do with my skill set or experience in recruiting.

I asked a few questions about schedule/ culture/ and company growth, the answers to which turned out not to be true.
      Answer Question

Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blinds to Go in June 2015.

Interview

Very Unprofessional. The interviewers sound like they're reading a script. They told me that I could end up working for the corporate office, which seemed very far fetched. They asked if I was in school. That was apparently the deal breaker for them. Apparently, they don't want you to be educated. After I said I was taking one class the interviewer assumed that I was unavailable 7 days a week when it was an online class. I was also asked to visit a location in rego park and speak with a manager regarding his daily job responsibilities. I stopped at that point. I don't want imagine how badly they treat their employees. I'd say apply here if you want to be spoken down to probably every day. If you want a dead end job you'll fit in very well here. Make sure you stress that you have NONE of the following: NO POTENTIAL, NO LOYALTY, NO WORK ETHIC, NO EDUCATION AND to offer you less than you deserve financially. Do not sell yourself short and accept a job here people.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blinds to Go (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Very simple interview, provided a lot of information, offered second interview on the spot. Asked simple questions a lot about background information and where you look to be in the near future.

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blinds to Go (Lakewood, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

Three interviews total. Every one was very nice. They have you visit with the sales team to make sure you are truly interested in the job. Lots of growth potential and commission on top of base salary.

Design Consultant Interview

Interview

The company seems cool overall..I went to to one of the stores for a visit and that went great,had a phone interview and that went well also,had a 1 on 1 interview with a recruiter and that went excellent..when I had my last interview the manager told me to my face I wouldn't fit in with their company standards,I was judged on not remembering the meaning of my first name,he crossed out my first name and wrote it out the way he wanted to on my resume,told me there's no such thing as bad management,didn't believe my story to why I wanted to leave my current employer,kept looking out the door to stare at the receptionist and told me to my face I can't take criticism without even knowing me..that made me look at the whole company in a whole new perspective and if you really look at this situation it's a form of discrimination..let me add..the whole interview was very unprofessional and no he wasn't another race..never have I experienced something like this and I hope this doesn't happen to another person again..I actually tried to reach out to someone to discuss it and I was ignored

Interview Questions

• What does my first name mean,what previous jobs have I applied for and why haven't I received a call for a interview????   1 Answer