KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Blizzard Entertainment Associate Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 13 of over 492 interviews

Recruiter8%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Blizzard Entertainment

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment in Jul 2020

Interview

The process involved an hour-long phone interview with members of the team I'm interviewing with, a fairly in-depth programming test, another interview going over the coding test, then a large multi-person video interview (probably in-person during non-covid times) with people from various disciplines. Blizzard's interview process has been by far my favorite that I've gone through. The people I talked to were all super friendly and really gave off the vibe that they wanted me to succeed. Did a great job at making me feel comfortable during interviews. Pretty much my only complaint is that it took a while to get through the whole process.

Interview Questions
  • Reference vs value types in C#.
    Answer Question
4 people found this interview helpful

Blizzard Entertainment

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment in Jan 2020

Interview

Started with a phone call with my recruiter, then a following phone call with the technical lead for my team. After that was the last step, an on-site interview with multiple rounds.

Interview Questions
  • Which of the 7 core values do you most closely align with?
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Blizzard Entertainment

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment

Interview

From me applying to getting an offer letter took about 2 months. In this time I had a screener interview with the recruiter, a technical phone screen with the hiring manager (team lead), 75-minute online assessment, and then a half-day onsite interview. Everyone in the process was super nice and friendly. The entire process seemed organized and was scheduled well.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Blizzard Entertainment

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment in Feb 2019

Interview

I did 2 code tests and passed them. One was more leetcode type and the other one was more towards my specialization. After that I had a phone call interview, which went good. I got rejected soon after with an automated message. Blizzard is notorious for hiring great talented people and paying them super low below industry standards. They said I had low experience even for the lowest possible job available. Keep in mind I have a masters degree in my specialization and a passion for working in my field. Don't bother applying here. They pay you super low, they do a lot of crunch time and They don't bother replying to candidates personally who are later into the interview stage. If you are a fan of games keep in mind games is a low paying industry with most of the money going to the management and people higher up in the chain.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment (Irvine, CA) in Oct 2016

Interview

If you get a chance to go to the on-site interview, be prepared to have fun! Everyone is super nice and relaxed, so just focus on being yourself and everything will be great on that front. Make sure to study everything on the job requirements list, and feel comfortable talking about it. I was already familiar with some of the tech stack for the job, but I am the type to almost overstudy before a test, so I think it's worth it to go over details before going in. However, I felt like the people interviewing me really wanted me to do well and that helped to calm me down and focus on answering questions. Blizzard places a lot of weight on culture fit, so make sure that you really want to be there (and trust me, if you are into their games/ gaming culture, you do want to be there lol). They do ask some culture questions, so it helps if you can be sincere. Even if I didn't get an offer, I still felt like overall it was a great experience! Good luck!

Interview Questions
10 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment (Irvine, CA)

Interview

I applied a few months ago for the position through their careers site. But recently added a recruiter on LinkedIn and was contacted within the week. There was an initial call to let me know of my candidacy, and they would like for me to complete a programming task. I heard back a week later about the results of my submission, and they asked to have an onsite interview.

Interview Questions
  • Questions regarding algorithms, data structures, and knowledge based.