Cover image for Blizzard Entertainment

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Blizzard Entertainment Game Master Interview Questions

Updated Dec 6, 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 11 of over 497 interviews

Employee Referral9%
2.4
HardAverageEasy

Application

Interview

Had to come in through a temporary agency, Volt. It was a small office with a standard interview process. They asked me several questions and I was able to demonstrate competency and interest for the job. When I was offered to go full time with Blizzard after a preliminary few months with Volt, there was no further interview process and it was quite easy.

Interview Questions
  • They threw in a classic quirky Blizz style question, something about which thing you'd rather be attacked by?
    1 Answer

Blizzard Entertainment

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 months. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment

Interview

It was clear and without any traps.The interviewer gave the feeling to be welcome and they were very funny to quit the nervous. They ask the question in 2 Languages.

Interview Questions
  • A few ingame related question and one to answer as a Game Master

What people are saying about Blizzard Entertainment

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cologne

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment (Cologne) in Jul 2017

Interview

Excellent people working at Blizzard, the process was very pleasant all along and I felt really welcome and comfortable all the time. Unfortunately, I did not get the job, but I did make it to the last round of interviews. I would encourage everyone to try.

Anonymous Employee in Cork

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment (Cork) in May 2016

Interview

Well, it was pretty simple, basic and interesting. 10 questions. Mostly about customer support experience and how would I do each role and help a specific customer. Few questions how much I know about their games and which I have played. My advice would be, just be talkative and don't be quiet, your job will be to talk to people and not to sit there and do nothing. The more you talk, the more they will likely give you a job.

Interview Questions
  • How long do you play WoW? What would you do and how would you action angry customer?

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment (Austin, TX)

Interview

Brief, but friendly and the questions were not hard, more directed toward gaming specifically and to gauge if you can handle the array of chatters. Most of the questionn were along the lines of "What would you do/have you done in this particular situation?"

Interview Questions
13 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment (Irvine, CA) in Dec 2013

Interview

I applied online and sent a resume in with a current employee. I also got the name of the person in charge of hiring at the time and e-mailed them for status updates every now and then.

Interview Questions
  • What was the best thing about your previous job?

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment (Austin, TX) in Sep 2012

Interview

Was done through 3rd party. Contract to hire. Didn't know what company it was for. Job just said in-game support rep. Could have been a few companies around here. They only told you after you got the job.

Interview Questions
  • Have you played any online games?

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment (Austin, TX) in Jul 2012

Interview

4 Interviews total, As I was hired through a staffing Agency Blizzard uses (wont say which for protection reasons they have), from there I had 2 interviews with the agency, and 2 (in person) with BLizzard

Interview Questions
  • Q: How well did you adapt to a difficult situation?

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment (Austin, TX) in Jun 2012

Interview

The interview process has vastly changed since I began working at Blizzard Entertainment. However there is always a general standard that knowing 1 or more of the games might provide more opportunity. Experience in Customer Support is also highly valued. Your need to help people, even in difficult situations will be important. - The interviewers may also be willing to geek out. They always want to, but sometimes they understand professionalism is needed. Gauge their body language and start asking them about what THEY like.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for Blizzard?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment (Austin, TX) in Jan 2012

Interview

A couple of lower level managers met me, walked me back to a meeting room and asked what you would mostly expect in an interview about experience. They also asked about my personal gaming experiences and preferences, my knowledge of Blizzard, and what I currently played at the time. Overall, it was rather casual.

Interview Questions
  • Can you describe how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 Interviews

Work at Blizzard Entertainment? Share Your Experiences

Blizzard Entertainment logo

Blizzard Entertainment Careers

Cover image for Blizzard Entertainment

At Blizzard Entertainment, we pour our hearts and souls into everything we create. We embrace our core values every day so that we can...More

• Life at Blizzard
  • Early Careers
  • We're Hiring!
  • Perks/Benefits

Company Updates

Logo

135 days ago

Company News
Ready to Rumble? Introducing Warcraft Arclight Rumble. A new fast-paced mobile strategy game set in the Warcraft Universe. Join us in bringing this whole world of joyful chaos to life, apply at https://blizz.ly/3sA9ZQD.
Warcraft Arclight Rumble Announce Cinematic Trailer
youtu.be

Blizzard Entertainment Photos

+ Add Photo
Blizzard Entertainment photo of: WFH employee cosplay contests are getting even better
Blizzard Entertainment photo of: To be honest, most of our team meetings are like this...
Blizzard Entertainment photo of: Celebrating your five year service award: Work from Home Edition
Blizzard Entertainment photo of: We encourage working with your best friends. Just ask Madi and Arlo
Blizzard Entertainment photo of: A variety of classes, interests and groups help you make new friends and learn new things
Blizzard Entertainment photo of: Year-round great weather in Orange Country means a lot of outdoor options for employees
Blizzard Entertainment photo of: Blizzard Academy offers a ton of classes to help employees level up and get creative

Expert Career Advice