KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Blizzard Entertainment Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2017

To filter interviews, or .
Found 3 of over 490 interviews

Employee Referral33%
4.0
HardAverageEasy

Blizzard Entertainment

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment

Interview

I had a phone interview followed by a Skype interview followed by a series of in-person interviews on campus. Everyone was incredibly nice and I really enjoyed the seeing their incredible campus. When I was on-site, I interviewed with 5 different individuals. From the Recruiter to the Managers I met with, everyone was really personable and I could tell they took extra care in not being intimidating however, it was a long, drawn out process.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked how I would handle a few different situations that I might face in the position.
    Answer Question
5 people found this interview helpful

Blizzard Entertainment

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment in May 2015

Interview

I applied online and received an email from a recruiter about a month later. The first interview was scheduled for a couple of weeks later. It was a phone interview with two team members for the department I applied for. The questions were extremely targeted to the work I'd be performing, and while it wasn't overly challenging, they asked a very wide variety of questions covering basically every aspect of the job. The interview went extremely well. About a month passed with no contact after this. I sent through a couple follow-up requests to the recruiter (at no point does Blizzard allow you to have contact information for the people you interview with, not even to say "thank you."), and my second email was finally responded to, and we set up a second phone interview. The second interview was very similar, but was with someone from a related department. Again, lots of specific questions about what I'd look to do with the department and working style. This interview also seemed to go extremely well. Then, the recruiters stopped responding altogether. There were no additional follow-ups to either confirm that I did not get the position or provide updates on the status. Future emails were simply ignored. It's unfortunate that such a positive experience with the interviews was soured by the recruiting group.

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment (Irvine, CA) in Aug 2014

Interview

After applying, it took about six weeks before I heard from a recruiter, who quickly set up a video interview with some of the team I'd be working with. That went well, and the next business day, I was asked to come back and meet with the team in person on campus. Because of their schedule, though, I didn't get on campus until a month after the video interview. The in-person interview panels were very long: four panels, and 10 people total. During the interviews, I felt I had a good rapport with many of the interviewers, and we spent most of the time laughing and joking as well as discussing different management scenarios. Everyone I spoke with was extremely professional, friendly, warm, and knew their stuff. During the interview, they tried hard to put me at ease, which I appreciated a great deal. I left feeling good about how I'd done, but drained from such a long day. Then, the waiting started. It took about a week-and-a-half for the recruiter to get back to me and give me feedback about how I'd done (very well, the top candidate so far), but there were more people to be interviewed, and two managers were going out of town during that time. So, more waiting, which is fine, if agonizing. It then took another two weeks of trying to get feedback from the recruiter, who was trying to get feedback from the hiring managers and get some kind of answer. In the end, a month after the last interview, the position ended up being canceled, and they hired no one. No hard feelings; it happens. I got asked to keep an eye out for other positions at the company and apply for those, so I don't get the feeling it was anything personal. I heard later from some friends who work there that I ended up dodging a bullet by not getting hired onto that particular team, so perhaps it's all for the best.

Interview Questions
  • I signed an NDA, so can't go into any specific questions. Have a good grasp of management styles, the development process, and techniques to fit different scenarios. The interviews are situational, so be prepared to talk in detail about how you've solved similar problems in the past with your staff.
2 people found this interview helpful