Blizzard Entertainment Solarwinds Administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Solarwinds Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment (Irvine, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

First step was a multi-part online interview. The initial part was with the manager, the second part was with part of the team themselves. It was around 30 days from application to online interview. This was followed by being flown out for an in-person interview with approximately 10 individuals on site, which happened with a very fast turnaround. The on-site interview took approximately 4 hours, which included a lunch break. Everyone was very friendly/welcoming, and asked many fun questions throughout the process. The in person interview was pretty challenging, but a great experience for going through a tech interview gauntlet.

In contrast to other reviews, I didn't feel like the lunch was anything but a fun lunch. I do get that it could be part of the interview process to make sure you're a match personality-wise, but I think some glassdoor reviews may be people who were simply too focused on getting the job.

That being said, if Blizzard is a company you care about when applying your nerves will understandably be on edge to some degree just due to the strong desire to work with them. At least that is how I felt - had they offered instead of the position being eliminated as I was told, I would have accepted nearly instantly.

To the blizz folks who interviewed me (and will recognize the job title): that was intense, and fun.

Interview Questions

• How would you work with an individual who is not a match with your personality style?   Answer Question
  • Sell me on one idea, and then sell me on the opposite of that idea.   1 Answer