Cover image for Blizzard Entertainment

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Blizzard Entertainment Sound Designer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 3 of over 504 interviews

Recruiter33%
3.7
HardAverageEasy

Blizzard Entertainment

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment in Mar 2022

Interview

I was first pre-screened by a recruiter where my candidacy was expressed as a possible fit for the role based on my application materials. After answering questions, I was given two weeks to complete an audio test. My audio test was reviewed and I was passed through to the panel interview phase, where I had three separate hour long meetings with 3 people from the sound and production departments in each meeting. Each interview had an organic feel where the interviewers were able to ask specific questions which we would then transform into natural conversations to learn more about each other. The topic of the Blizzard workplace culture turning a new leaf came up in each meeting and I was relieved to hear about progress the company has made to make the workplace a place where everyone is comfortable to speak their peace and feel comfortable. No one was shy to address past problems and talk about their experiences while explaining concrete changes that have been made in the company and also while expressing their interests in making Blizzard a better place with better games. I felt like the interviewers helped me to shine my brightest with fantastic questions that were guided not just by a list they had pre-written, but in reaction to my own beliefs as I expressed them. Additionally, I was given space to interview the interviewers and feel heard and respected with the questions I had answered. I was quite happy with how the interview process went overall and feel confident that Blizzard is a great place for me to grow.

Interview Questions
  • How would becoming a sound designer at Blizzard benefit you and your goals for the future?
    1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2020

Interview

The interview process was in 3 parts. It also included a test of skills that involved designing to picture based on past shipped content. The 2nd interview was a review of the work and involved a breakdown of one's process for design and mixing.

Interview Questions
  • Describe your experience and creative perspective? Have you worked in a group setting before?

What people are saying about Blizzard Entertainment

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blizzard Entertainment (Los Angeles, CA)

Interview

Rude, and dishonest. During my interview, I kept getting cut off, kept being told to shut up. I thought it was a red flag but hey, it's Blizzard, it's no biggy. They asked me to make a sound demo for them, taking the time and energy out of my day to make an unpaid demo. I spent 1 week working on their test, showing it to other Blizzard sound designers who work at the company, and they liked it, they were all very excited. Then the hiring manager sends me an e-mail back telling me my demo is low in quality, the hiring manager (who knows nothing about audio) didn't like it. Clearly something is going on. They specifically asked me not to e-mail them back for feedback either so I don't even know what went wrong.

Interview Questions
  • Are you okay working on an Iphone game?
RSS Feed
</>Embed

Popular Careers with Blizzard Entertainment Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Blizzard Entertainment? Share Your Experiences

Blizzard Entertainment logo

Blizzard Entertainment Careers

Cover image for Blizzard Entertainment

At Blizzard Entertainment, we pour our hearts and souls into everything we create. We embrace our core values every day so that we can...More

• Life at Blizzard
  • Early Careers
  • We're Hiring!
  • Perks/Benefits

Company Updates

Logo

147 days ago

Company News
Ready to Rumble? Introducing Warcraft Arclight Rumble. A new fast-paced mobile strategy game set in the Warcraft Universe. Join us in bringing this whole world of joyful chaos to life, apply at https://blizz.ly/3sA9ZQD.
Warcraft Arclight Rumble Announce Cinematic Trailer
youtu.be

Blizzard Entertainment Photos

+ Add Photo
Blizzard Entertainment photo of: WFH employee cosplay contests are getting even better
Blizzard Entertainment photo of: To be honest, most of our team meetings are like this...
Blizzard Entertainment photo of: Celebrating your five year service award: Work from Home Edition
Blizzard Entertainment photo of: We encourage working with your best friends. Just ask Madi and Arlo
Blizzard Entertainment photo of: A variety of classes, interests and groups help you make new friends and learn new things
Blizzard Entertainment photo of: Year-round great weather in Orange Country means a lot of outdoor options for employees
Blizzard Entertainment photo of: Blizzard Academy offers a ton of classes to help employees level up and get creative

Expert Career Advice