Blockbuster Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blockbuster Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Chicago, IL) in August 2009.

Interview

Store Manager was one hour late for interview. She told me that the District Manager needed to do the interview, because she wasn't allowed to interview management postitions for the store. She couldn't give me any information as to when I could interview for the job.

Unorganizied

Other Interview Reviews for Blockbuster

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Fresno, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Went into my initial interview with the store manager. I was asked the basic questions about P&L and knowledge. Then I had a second interview with the district manager, I was hired on the spot. The process took 5 days.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Blockbuster in May 2008.

Interview

The interview process didn't take long after the initial contact. It consisted of an online application followed by a call from the District Manager. He initially interviewed me for a Store Manager Posistion. Typical interview questions reguarding my past experience and situational questions about store operations. The process then continued with a call from the HR manger. That interview was more indept with probing questions into previous financial management and employee relation questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you had to achieve a sales goal that was to hard to achieve?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2007.

Interview

Applied Online, which entailed a Personality Test and some basic logic/math.
    3 days later called to schedule an interview.
    Interviewed in person, very laid back. Bumper question was: "What's your favorite movie?"
    Offered a position 1 day later by phone.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blockbuster in August 2009.

Interview

I had already been with the company for over a year. The district manager was looking for a store manager and I told him that I would like to throw my hat into the ring. He called back within a couple of days with a job offer pending interview. They do like to promote from within when possible.

Interview Questions

• He needed me to give details about what was going on with management at that location. I do not like to rat people out so it was challenging to try to be as honest as possible without selling people out.   1 Answer

Negotiation

He threw out a number and I said yes. They don't negotiate there.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Antigonish, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Antigonish, NS (Canada)) in August 2009.

Interview

Very laid out and detailed process that led to me to being offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle employee's who are not following policy?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very solid because of my experience.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview

the hiring process was pretty laid back. just talked with me and asked what movies i liked and what i liked to do in general. i felt like it was more to see who i was and if i would fit with the current staff's personalities.