Blockbuster Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blockbuster Cashier Interview Questions

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2014.

Interview

The process was very brief an informal. I was called in and was interviewed in a back corner of the store, during business hours. It was a bit off putting; also two of the employees were fighting behind the front counter about a personal problem.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Blockbuster

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview

is very easy

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Santa Clarita, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Fun easy interview. Sat down in the office and conducted the interview there. Quick and easy interview only lasted 10 minutes. Asked stock questions about myself and how I see myself fitting in to the team. Movie knowledge was a must.

Interview Questions

• How many hours are you looking to work in a week?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Corpus Christi, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Well I arrived there and had to wait about 20 minutes for others to arrive. As soon as they did. We introduced ourselves, explained on how we'd sell a particular item and did a scavenger hunt. I ended up getting a 2nd interview, but all she wanted to know was my work history. She then explained the job. She said to wait for a call because she said a dm would have to review my application & do a background check. She never called though. I wouldnt apply though as I looked up the company and they are pretty much bankrupt.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy interview than most.

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Greensboro, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

At the time of the job interview the country's economy was still recovering from the recession, especially in this part of the country. So their were at least 20 people there for the group interview session. Apparently they were doing large group interviews all week. It was very silly. We had to do role-playing for different scenarios in front of everyone. It was demoralizing to have so much competition for a minimum wage cashiering job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indian Trail, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Indian Trail, NC) in November 2011.

Interview

Was a fairly basic interview process. It was mainly asking about the times I'd be available (I was still in high school at this time). Other then that I was asked how long I expected to stay and if I was interested in any other positions at the time. It wasn't a very in-depth interview mainly because it was a new store at the time and they needed people to work. I was asked to take a drug test and they wanted to do a background check, both of which where no problem to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster (West Covina, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a week after to set up an appointment for the interview. It all started with small talk then he asked some stuff about high school since i had just graduated that year, such as the clubs i was in, my grades, and any regrets i had. Then towards the end asked me to go around the store and choose two movies and convince him to buy those movies. He also gave me a list of different membership plans then asked me to sell one to him.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

Went in store to apply and got an interview. Really simple.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was what is your favorite movie and what other movie would you refer a customer to if it wasn't available.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Plano, TX) in March 2009.

Interview

Pretty run of the mill interview. They run down your application and ask about your previous experience and what you can bring to the company. After the interview they give you a call to let you know you've been hired and when you'll start

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation as it's a flat hourly base pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Blockbuster (New York, NY) in April 2008.

Interview

Interview was ok. Basic, common sense questions. I didn't get it because I wasn't able to work 3 out of the 4 days they needed me to.