Blockbuster Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 9, 2017

1.7

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster (West Covina, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a week after to set up an appointment for the interview. It all started with small talk then he asked some stuff about high school since i had just graduated that year, such as the clubs i was in, my grades, and any regrets i had. Then towards the end asked me to go around the store and choose two movies and convince him to buy those movies. He also gave me a list of different membership plans then asked me to sell one to him.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Blockbuster

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Greensboro, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

At the time of the job interview the country's economy was still recovering from the recession, especially in this part of the country. So their were at least 20 people there for the group interview session. Apparently they were doing large group interviews all week. It was very silly. We had to do role-playing for different scenarios in front of everyone. It was demoralizing to have so much competition for a minimum wage cashiering job.

Anonymous Employee in La Quinta, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster (La Quinta, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

I meet with the manager he asked me questions the interview went on for 45 minutes. I was ask to start one day latter. I singed some documents and was asked how soon can I start.

Interview Questions

• were do I see myself in five to ten years from now? why do I want to work for this company?
      How did you heir about us? Did a friend refer me to us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

Went in store to apply and got an interview. Really simple.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was what is your favorite movie and what other movie would you refer a customer to if it wasn't available.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Blockbuster (New York, NY) in April 2008.

Interview

Interview was ok. Basic, common sense questions. I didn't get it because I wasn't able to work 3 out of the 4 days they needed me to.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster in January 2008.

Interview

Store manager called me up and asked to talk to me in person.

Cashier Interview

Interview

It was okay. Very easy and smokies. They pay a good amount of money so the job is worth it. Just be smiling a lot and show your experience in sales and that’s all you have to do to get this job offer. Something to start you off with some experience somewhere.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Santa Clarita, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Fun easy interview. Sat down in the office and conducted the interview there. Quick and easy interview only lasted 10 minutes. Asked stock questions about myself and how I see myself fitting in to the team. Movie knowledge was a must.

Interview Questions

• How many hours are you looking to work in a week?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indian Trail, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Indian Trail, NC) in November 2011.

Interview

Was a fairly basic interview process. It was mainly asking about the times I'd be available (I was still in high school at this time). Other then that I was asked how long I expected to stay and if I was interested in any other positions at the time. It wasn't a very in-depth interview mainly because it was a new store at the time and they needed people to work. I was asked to take a drug test and they wanted to do a background check, both of which where no problem to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2014.

Interview

The process was very brief an informal. I was called in and was interviewed in a back corner of the store, during business hours. It was a bit off putting; also two of the employees were fighting behind the front counter about a personal problem.