Blockbuster Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blockbuster Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Irondequoit, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Irondequoit, NY).

Interview

it was real easy. I filled out the questioner and the phone rang on the test machine and I was asked to do an "on the spot" interview. They asked me most of the same questions asked on the test, the manager was very friendly and I got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• if I seen an employee steel anything would I report it.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Blockbuster

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

It was a standard interview. She asked about my customer service experience, how would I handle certain situations: unhappy customers, co-workers.
    I had to describe my role at my past job.
    I dressed too formal for the interview from what I saw. Others wore jeans and a nice shirt.
    She was really nice and asked if I had any questions. I was hired right after the interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview

This was my first job interview and coincidentally the interviewee's first time giving a job interview. So everything was actually pretty easygoing and simple. I was called for an interview a few days after applying, and about 5 days after interviewing I was hired.

Anonymous Employee in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Staten Island, NY).

Interview

I submitted my application online. I do not remember the time frame, probably a few weeks later I had received a call from a store manager wanting me to come in for an interview. We set up the appointment. The interview itself went very smooth, I showed up at the store and we had talked in the back room. She asked me some questions, it appeared she liked me. She told me she wanted me to come back for a second interview because she was transfering and a new manager was starting there.

When I came back for my second interview, the new manager was very casual. He had asked me a few questions and told me right there that I was hired. He had asked me what I wanted to make and I told him that I didn't want anything less than 7.50 p/h because that's what I was making at my old job. He laughed at me and told me I'd be making 9.00. Which was high for the position I took.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview

Was a group interview held in the open floor of the store,We first went around the group introducing ourselves, then told what working for Blockbuster was liking and how they were trying to put more emphasis on customer service, after that we were separated into two groups and asked to do a scavenger hunt in the store, Then as the final part in one group again they asked us several questions

Interview Questions

• Why do you wanna work for blockbuster, and how can you help improve the company   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview

Pretty easy. Just be enthusiastic, confident, show interest in products and definitely show interest or even desire to sell

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offered an hourly rate and accepted

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

one interview one hire

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Chandler, AZ) in December 2012.

Interview

Fun interview first a one on one then a group interview. The one on one just went over why I wanted to work there and what my experience and knowledge was of movies. The group interview was fun we all were given a partner to role play with doing an up sell.

Interview Questions

• How would you up sell to a customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Blockbuster (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

Very simple interview. Mostly wanted to know if your schedule was flexible/you could work any hours. Also seemed to be really insistent that they would do a background check before hiring. Hiring process was delayed because it occurred through the New Year. No drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Nothing, really. They focused on soft skills - responsibility, punctuality, good customer service, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Livermore, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview process took two times. The initial interview was straight to the point with some personality questions to the end. The second interview was getting approval from the higher ups and sealing the deal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay was negotiable after time.