Blockbuster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Blockbuster

2.1

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2007.

Interview

Applied Online, which entailed a Personality Test and some basic logic/math.
    3 days later called to schedule an interview.
    Interviewed in person, very laid back. Bumper question was: "What's your favorite movie?"
    Offered a position 1 day later by phone.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Blockbuster in May 2008.

Interview

The interview process didn't take long after the initial contact. It consisted of an online application followed by a call from the District Manager. He initially interviewed me for a Store Manager Posistion. Typical interview questions reguarding my past experience and situational questions about store operations. The process then continued with a call from the HR manger. That interview was more indept with probing questions into previous financial management and employee relation questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you had to achieve a sales goal that was to hard to achieve?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Chicago, IL) in August 2009.

Interview

Store Manager was one hour late for interview. She told me that the District Manager needed to do the interview, because she wasn't allowed to interview management postitions for the store. She couldn't give me any information as to when I could interview for the job.

Unorganizied

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview

the hiring process was pretty laid back. just talked with me and asked what movies i liked and what i liked to do in general. i felt like it was more to see who i was and if i would fit with the current staff's personalities.

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Fresno, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Went into my initial interview with the store manager. I was asked the basic questions about P&L and knowledge. Then I had a second interview with the district manager, I was hired on the spot. The process took 5 days.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Providence, RI) in January 2011.

Interview

Could not have been easier. Fill out application, submit to manager, wait for a call. Once they call you go in and that is that. They just verify the information on the sheet then ask you qustions beased off that. I mean it could not have been any easier.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Really easy.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Saint Louis, MO

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Lake Saint Louis, MO) in March 2010.

Interview

The interview process was pretty much what you would expect. Questions about your goals, aspirations, background, education. Although, the job seemed very interesting I decided I wanted to do more with my aero space degree. I liked the idea of going to work and meeting new people, working the cash register, stocking movies on the shelf but my parents said I need to get a good job to pay off my student loans.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel you are over qualified   1 Answer

Inventory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Dallas, TX) in February 2008.

Interview

Interviewed with director of the area I would be in and what would be my direct supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your present job?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Interview

It was okay. Very easy and smokies. They pay a good amount of money so the job is worth it. Just be smiling a lot and show your experience in sales and that’s all you have to do to get this job offer. Something to start you off with some experience somewhere.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Quinta, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster (La Quinta, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

I meet with the manager he asked me questions the interview went on for 45 minutes. I was ask to start one day latter. I singed some documents and was asked how soon can I start.

Interview Questions

• were do I see myself in five to ten years from now? why do I want to work for this company?
      How did you heir about us? Did a friend refer me to us?   1 Answer