Blockbuster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 30, 2017

2.1

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Tyler, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I recently had an interview with Breakway Solutions Marketing Firm. They are located in Tyler, Tx. The company handles marketing and advertisement needs for major retailers. Some of the major retailers include, Walmart, Best Buy, and Direct TV. The interview didn't really take long at all. I was probably on site for about 30 minutes total. Business attire and a hard copy of the resume was required.

Interview Questions

• After explaining what their company did, I was asked if I thought this would be something that would interest me?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irondequoit, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Irondequoit, NY).

Interview

it was real easy. I filled out the questioner and the phone rang on the test machine and I was asked to do an "on the spot" interview. They asked me most of the same questions asked on the test, the manager was very friendly and I got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• if I seen an employee steel anything would I report it.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Hiring was really basic. Filled out application got a phone call asking if I was still interested. They set up an appointment to come in. First interview was with the assistant manager, I was asked very basic questions like Tell me about yourself and, Why do you believe you are qualified for this position. Second interview was with store manager where I was informed about the job specifics.

Interview Questions

• How have you grown or changed over the past few years?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview

A Phone Interview, then a Hun resource Interview, then an Interview with the DM and then with the RDO Interview, It was very classic behavior questions, centered around leadership. Last was 3 different assessments - again very typical

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fair and got extra vacation time

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

It was a standard interview. She asked about my customer service experience, how would I handle certain situations: unhappy customers, co-workers.
    I had to describe my role at my past job.
    I dressed too formal for the interview from what I saw. Others wore jeans and a nice shirt.
    She was really nice and asked if I had any questions. I was hired right after the interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview

Smooth interview that lasted all of 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about R-rated movies??   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview

Was initially recruited by professional contact, then had 3 tests plus 7 additional interview, up to and including the CIO. Then background and credit check prior to offer.

Interview Questions

• "if a project fails, who is the one person responsible"   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2014.

Interview

The process was very brief an informal. I was called in and was interviewed in a back corner of the store, during business hours. It was a bit off putting; also two of the employees were fighting behind the front counter about a personal problem.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview

Once you apply, your name is put into an electronic database where your answers from the personality profile score you as red, yellow or green. Usually, only green candidates are selected. In Blockbuster, it's now what you know... it's who you know. If someone in the running knows someone in the company, they have a leg up on you, despite your background. There is a first interview with the store manager and if for a management position, a 2nd interview with a District Manager.

Interview Questions

• Questions vary from manager to manager. The best question to reply to though is, "Do you have any questions for me?" - This is a chance to really show the manager your true interest in the company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

BB made an offer. I went to my current boss and he matched the offer. I went to BB and they raised the offer by 5K for management. I took the job at BB.

Shift Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview

Quick and easy went in she asked about my future plans and anything she should know about my background that would come up later. Ofcourse there wasn't so everything went well.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions or unexpected question everything she asked I had heard before or knew was coming.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation