Blockbuster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blockbuster Interview Questions

Updated Nov 9, 2017

2.1

Cashier Interview

Interview

It was okay. Very easy and smokies. They pay a good amount of money so the job is worth it. Just be smiling a lot and show your experience in sales and that’s all you have to do to get this job offer. Something to start you off with some experience somewhere.

Anonymous Employee in La Quinta, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster (La Quinta, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

I meet with the manager he asked me questions the interview went on for 45 minutes. I was ask to start one day latter. I singed some documents and was asked how soon can I start.

Interview Questions

• were do I see myself in five to ten years from now? why do I want to work for this company?
      How did you heir about us? Did a friend refer me to us?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Columbus, GA) in June 2013.

Interview

It was a group interview with myself and 4 members of Management and corporate.the interview was based at the store I later became an employee at. I did not get a call back untill around three weeks.

Interview Questions

• How long I had been in management?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview

Two interviews. First was with store manager. The next was with the regional manager. Very simple and straight forward. I enjoyed my time working at this company. My store went out of business.

CSM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Allentown, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

They want to know if you work hard, clean, dedicated, responsible, good, drug free, crime free. It's entry level so it's basic. Then work. Went to open. Excited to be part of the position. Excellent to the. Good.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation and how you handled it?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Cicero, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

Was a short 15 minute interview that was very relaxed. The questions were very basic and noninvasive. It could have been a very dress causal interview, and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Greensboro, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

At the time of the job interview the country's economy was still recovering from the recession, especially in this part of the country. So their were at least 20 people there for the group interview session. Apparently they were doing large group interviews all week. It was very silly. We had to do role-playing for different scenarios in front of everyone. It was demoralizing to have so much competition for a minimum wage cashiering job.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Livermore, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview process took two times. The initial interview was straight to the point with some personality questions to the end. The second interview was getting approval from the higher ups and sealing the deal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay was negotiable after time.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Tyler, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I recently had an interview with Breakway Solutions Marketing Firm. They are located in Tyler, Tx. The company handles marketing and advertisement needs for major retailers. Some of the major retailers include, Walmart, Best Buy, and Direct TV. The interview didn't really take long at all. I was probably on site for about 30 minutes total. Business attire and a hard copy of the resume was required.

Interview Questions

• After explaining what their company did, I was asked if I thought this would be something that would interest me?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

It was a standard interview. She asked about my customer service experience, how would I handle certain situations: unhappy customers, co-workers.
    I had to describe my role at my past job.
    I dressed too formal for the interview from what I saw. Others wore jeans and a nice shirt.
    She was really nice and asked if I had any questions. I was hired right after the interview.