Blockbuster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blockbuster Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.1

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview

Two interviews. First was with store manager. The next was with the regional manager. Very simple and straight forward. I enjoyed my time working at this company. My store went out of business.

CSM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Allentown, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

They want to know if you work hard, clean, dedicated, responsible, good, drug free, crime free. It's entry level so it's basic. Then work. Went to open. Excited to be part of the position. Excellent to the. Good.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation and how you handled it?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative (Cashier) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cicero, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Cicero, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

Was a short 15 minute interview that was very relaxed. The questions were very basic and noninvasive. It could have been a very dress causal interview, and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a job?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Greensboro, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

At the time of the job interview the country's economy was still recovering from the recession, especially in this part of the country. So their were at least 20 people there for the group interview session. Apparently they were doing large group interviews all week. It was very silly. We had to do role-playing for different scenarios in front of everyone. It was demoralizing to have so much competition for a minimum wage cashiering job.

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Livermore, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview process took two times. The initial interview was straight to the point with some personality questions to the end. The second interview was getting approval from the higher ups and sealing the deal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay was negotiable after time.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Tyler, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I recently had an interview with Breakway Solutions Marketing Firm. They are located in Tyler, Tx. The company handles marketing and advertisement needs for major retailers. Some of the major retailers include, Walmart, Best Buy, and Direct TV. The interview didn't really take long at all. I was probably on site for about 30 minutes total. Business attire and a hard copy of the resume was required.

Interview Questions

• After explaining what their company did, I was asked if I thought this would be something that would interest me?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

It was a standard interview. She asked about my customer service experience, how would I handle certain situations: unhappy customers, co-workers.
    I had to describe my role at my past job.
    I dressed too formal for the interview from what I saw. Others wore jeans and a nice shirt.
    She was really nice and asked if I had any questions. I was hired right after the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Irondequoit, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Irondequoit, NY).

Interview

it was real easy. I filled out the questioner and the phone rang on the test machine and I was asked to do an "on the spot" interview. They asked me most of the same questions asked on the test, the manager was very friendly and I got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• if I seen an employee steel anything would I report it.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Santa Clarita, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Fun easy interview. Sat down in the office and conducted the interview there. Quick and easy interview only lasted 10 minutes. Asked stock questions about myself and how I see myself fitting in to the team. Movie knowledge was a must.

Interview Questions

• How many hours are you looking to work in a week?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quebec, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Quebec, QC (Canada)) in January 2011.

Interview

First, a rep will ask you to fill out a form, with just your basic information, Then they will decide if they liked you and will submit you application to the management. The assistant store manager will perform a basic interview to determine your qualifications. if you pass that test you meet the manager where they will ask you behavioral questions.