Blockbuster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blockbuster Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2017

2.1

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview

They are no longer hiring. Closing down all remaining locations. Don't bother applying. Look for another job.... seriously.

Interview Questions

• What's the least amount of money we can pay you for 50 hour of work per week.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview

This was my first job interview and coincidentally the interviewee's first time giving a job interview. So everything was actually pretty easygoing and simple. I was called for an interview a few days after applying, and about 5 days after interviewing I was hired.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Staten Island, NY).

Interview

I submitted my application online. I do not remember the time frame, probably a few weeks later I had received a call from a store manager wanting me to come in for an interview. We set up the appointment. The interview itself went very smooth, I showed up at the store and we had talked in the back room. She asked me some questions, it appeared she liked me. She told me she wanted me to come back for a second interview because she was transfering and a new manager was starting there.

When I came back for my second interview, the new manager was very casual. He had asked me a few questions and told me right there that I was hired. He had asked me what I wanted to make and I told him that I didn't want anything less than 7.50 p/h because that's what I was making at my old job. He laughed at me and told me I'd be making 9.00. Which was high for the position I took.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Freeport, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Freeport, IL).

Interview

The interview process is quite easy with the standard questions. However, in order to achieve the job you are looking for, definitely highlight why you should get the job. If you are already with the company and are looking to move up, talk about your sales and how hard you work.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you resolve the issue.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Always show why you are valuable in the interview. It will go well with negotiations. I highlighted my achievements and I got paid more.

Shift Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview

I applied online and in less than a week I received a call asking me to come in for an interview. I met with store manager for the location that I applied for and was asked a few questions about where I saw myself in the next few years and about my retail experience.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview

is very easy

CSA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview

The interview process was kind of long. The hiring manager has two or three positions to fill at the time. The questions were general interview questions. Got offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was happy with what they offered me

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview

The interview process starts with applying online at Blockbuster.com. The company that collects all the information in iCims. The District Manager will review the application and call for a phone interview. If you are still in consideration there will be at least one more phone interview with a group of District Managers and the Regional Director. If still in consideration there will be another interview with a top store manager of the district. So a minimum of three interviews if all goes well. If there is any doubt there may be one to two more with other top preforming store managers. The background check takes three to five days to complete. The main payroll and information system takes about another week to get all of the employees information downloaded.

Interview Questions

• Why do you wan to work for Blockbuster?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview

Was a group interview held in the open floor of the store,We first went around the group introducing ourselves, then told what working for Blockbuster was liking and how they were trying to put more emphasis on customer service, after that we were separated into two groups and asked to do a scavenger hunt in the store, Then as the final part in one group again they asked us several questions

Interview Questions

• Why do you wanna work for blockbuster, and how can you help improve the company   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview

Pretty easy. Just be enthusiastic, confident, show interest in products and definitely show interest or even desire to sell

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offered an hourly rate and accepted