Blockbuster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blockbuster Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2017

2.1

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Cicero, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

Was a short 15 minute interview that was very relaxed. The questions were very basic and noninvasive. It could have been a very dress causal interview, and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a job?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Greensboro, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

At the time of the job interview the country's economy was still recovering from the recession, especially in this part of the country. So their were at least 20 people there for the group interview session. Apparently they were doing large group interviews all week. It was very silly. We had to do role-playing for different scenarios in front of everyone. It was demoralizing to have so much competition for a minimum wage cashiering job.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quebec, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Quebec, QC (Canada)) in January 2011.

Interview

First, a rep will ask you to fill out a form, with just your basic information, Then they will decide if they liked you and will submit you application to the management. The assistant store manager will perform a basic interview to determine your qualifications. if you pass that test you meet the manager where they will ask you behavioral questions.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Boston, MA) in January 2011.

Interview

I was referred by an employee. I was asked some general questions about my background. Then I was asked about situations that involved customer service. At the end the manager asked me when I can start. It was fairly quick and the questions were simple. I asked a few questions about the the video rental business at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you delivered good customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Schaumburg, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview was about a half hour long. The questions were direct, and there were multiple interviewers. Great questions for interviewee but was not very clear on expectations when asked. The description they gave was not consistent with the actual job.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Cary, NC) in November 2012.

Interview

Asked me how I would sell the blockbuster benefits. Asked was i well informed about gaming systems and movies. The manager was nice and I felt very relaxed. He also asked me about my previous work experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince someone to buy a blockbuster membership.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Yuba City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Yuba City, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

I applied online. Then received a call for an interview. I then Interview with District Manager. After they decided I then received a Phone interview with Regional Manger. Then they did a Background check. This is pretty much what they did for all jobs that they were hiring for. Thanks

Interview Questions

• What was your worst customer service experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Phila, PA) in May 2010.

Interview

Had a phone screen, followed quickly by a face to face interview; hired within a week, and started the following week.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview

Was initially recruited by professional contact, then had 3 tests plus 7 additional interview, up to and including the CIO. Then background and credit check prior to offer.

Interview Questions

• "if a project fails, who is the one person responsible"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Englewood, CO) in January 2012.

Interview

Very customer focused job, also need to be detailed about your inventory management, very difficult to manage your inventory on their antiquated systems, you need to be able to manage your inventory on pen and paper more than anything. They asked basic questions about customer service mostly. Other questions were about your hiring experience, and employee corrective action procedures.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you failed to meet a customers expectation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered a reasonable salary based on the job requirements. I didn't negotiate much, but if they lowball you, and you have experience, push for 5-10% more.