Blockbuster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blockbuster Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2017

2.1

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview

Pretty easy. Just be enthusiastic, confident, show interest in products and definitely show interest or even desire to sell

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offered an hourly rate and accepted

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blockbuster.

Interview

the hiring process was pretty laid back. just talked with me and asked what movies i liked and what i liked to do in general. i felt like it was more to see who i was and if i would fit with the current staff's personalities.

CSM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Allentown, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

They want to know if you work hard, clean, dedicated, responsible, good, drug free, crime free. It's entry level so it's basic. Then work. Went to open. Excited to be part of the position. Excellent to the. Good.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation and how you handled it?   1 Answer

Interview

one interview one hire

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Chandler, AZ) in December 2012.

Interview

Fun interview first a one on one then a group interview. The one on one just went over why I wanted to work there and what my experience and knowledge was of movies. The group interview was fun we all were given a partner to role play with doing an up sell.

Interview Questions

• How would you up sell to a customer?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Cary, NC) in November 2012.

Interview

Asked me how I would sell the blockbuster benefits. Asked was i well informed about gaming systems and movies. The manager was nice and I felt very relaxed. He also asked me about my previous work experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince someone to buy a blockbuster membership.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Blockbuster (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

Very simple interview. Mostly wanted to know if your schedule was flexible/you could work any hours. Also seemed to be really insistent that they would do a background check before hiring. Hiring process was delayed because it occurred through the New Year. No drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Nothing, really. They focused on soft skills - responsibility, punctuality, good customer service, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Livermore, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview process took two times. The initial interview was straight to the point with some personality questions to the end. The second interview was getting approval from the higher ups and sealing the deal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay was negotiable after time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Sacramento, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Received an email for a Casting Call (group interview). The email requested us to RSVP for the interview. I called the number provided and they confirmed time and location. On the day of the interview, we all signed in and received a name tag. There were 12 individuals in our group interview. We got into a circle. The manager and regional manager spoke about the company. Next, we introduced ourselves. Then played the Actor/Actress-Movie game ["A" names a movie, "B" (next to "A") names an actor/actress in a movie, "C" (next to "B") names another movie the actor/actress was in, etc...]. Then manager and RM discuss that as a Rep we would "sell" Dish Network to Blockbuster customers, so they gave us all pamphlets, gave us 2 mins to study it, paired up with one another, then sold Dish Network to our partner for a few minutes as the manager/RM went around to listen. After that was done, we got into groups of 4-5 and received a sheet of items/movies and went on a scavenger hunt. Lastly, we got back into a circle and we had to answer "Why do you want to work at Blockbuster and what can you bring to the store?"

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want to work at Blockbuster and what can you bring to the store?"   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Santa Clarita, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Fun easy interview. Sat down in the office and conducted the interview there. Quick and easy interview only lasted 10 minutes. Asked stock questions about myself and how I see myself fitting in to the team. Movie knowledge was a must.

Interview Questions

• How many hours are you looking to work in a week?   1 Answer