Blockbuster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blockbuster Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.1

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster in November 2010.

Interview

My experience at being interviewed by Blockbuster was a job fair to which I was invited. Several folks were being interviewed at the store, while the store was open for business. There was a one on one interview, and then we were given assignments on how to approach customers and told what was the latest promotion in the store. Then we practiced on the interviewers.

Anonymous Employee in New Baltimore, MI

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Blockbuster (New Baltimore, MI) in August 2009.

Interview

Took about a week and interview in person. Asked me basic questions about myself, why I applied and what I thought was good customer service.

Anonymous Employee in Union, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Union, NJ) in April 2009.

Interview

I got a phone interview with the distract manager the very next day and then was told to come in for a panel interview the next day and was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Name the most recent movie you saw and who was the actor. Name a few other films that actor was in if any.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Oakland, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

1st Day: 1 on 1 interview with manager. Be sure to promote your sales skills. Up-play your ability to promote items and store promotions (taking from your work experience).

Group Interview: They're looking for your ability to interact and work with others, show that you're a cooperative and attentive team member. They will put forth certain tasks that you have to do with a team member, but the important thing is HOW you accomplish the task (working together), not the end result.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable selling promotions/products to customers?   1 Answer

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Dallas, TX) in January 2008.

Interview

Started the process with an internal employee referral. I submitted a resume through an online portal and then heard from HR. Asked a few basic questions on the phone and then scheduled a day to come in for interviews. Interviewed with 3 people in the IT department. Questions about background, work experience, and SDLC. HR called back and asked for references. They called all the references. One day later I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have a project that got into trouble from a time and budget standpoint?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate. They met my salary requirement.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster in July 2008.

Interview

completed a phone interview, then completed a 400 question survey online through a third party agency

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster in December 2008.

Interview

just a one on one interview

Interview Questions

not as good as current job

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2009.

Interview

personality assessment and job description based on experience

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster (New York, NY) in June 2009.

Interview

The manager at Blockbuster called me back a few days after submitting an online application. When I got there, the manager was a little patronizing and wasn't very engaging. It was a difficult interview to get through.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blockbuster in February 2008.

Interview

I filled out the application on the machine in the store, got called back about a week later for an interview and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating