Blockbuster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.1

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynden, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Lynden, WA) in January 2009.

Interview

3 interviews, phone, manager, district manager

Interview Questions

• you discover employee theft what do you do   1 Answer
    • how would you handle a diffcult customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

pay rate

Inventory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Dallas, TX) in February 2008.

Interview

Interviewed with director of the area I would be in and what would be my direct supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your present job?   1 Answer

Shift Leader Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Blockbuster in April 2010.

Interview

i think it was a complete waste of my time the guy did'nt even call my refences no did he keep in contact with me by phone but by email lol give me a break what a child anyways blockbuster you need to hire better managers like myself that actually get the job done and are not cold people.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blockbuster in April 2009.

Interview

I rented movies regularly and was asked to apply. I was a college student and the good thing is they work well with your schedule. unfortunately they do not pay well finding someone to cover your shift is hard. you will only get about 20 hours a week at minimum wage. so my advice is do not apply

Interview Questions

• they asked to sell something they found in the office   1 Answer

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Baton Rouge, LA) in February 2008.

Interview

I was interviewed by the current district leader. She was very kind but it helped that I was referred to her by onne of her favorite store managers who was the local store manager of the blockbuster that I regularly frequented.

Interview Questions

• Please give me an example of how you would sell this pen.   Answer Question
    • Give me a time when you encountered a dilemna with a customer and overcame it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate up 4 thousand more dollars.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Troy, NY) in November 2008.

Interview

Interview consisted mainly of the general questions concerning a promotion within a company. Most of it was based on previous experience as the assistant store manager and when I filled in as the temporary store manager. Ultimately declined the offer as I was in school and the pay was not as good as expected.

Interview Questions

• What will you do to try and improve the company from this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Thorndale, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Thorndale, PA) in July 2009.

Interview

It took about a month to get an interview. When I got to the interview, the panel was more interested in my movie selections than in my experience. When I answered questions, the DM didn't understand some of my responses because she was only half listening. Got the job anyway because the Store Manager felt bad for me waiting so long for an interview. Now, I'm his best sales person.

Interview Questions

• What was the worst or grossest movie I've ever watched.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Chicago, IL) in July 2007.

Interview

On-line application, One on one interview with Store manager, and then another interview with Dsistrict manager. Got a job offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and your past job responsibilities   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will ask you what kind of compensation would you expect. Go higher, but within limits. They already know how much will give you - so if you want you can just say that you will be happy to get the job first and then can negotiate pay.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Marietta, GA) in May 2009.

Interview

They really didn't ask anything that complicated. One of the only out of placed asked question was "I want you to sell me this clipboard and upsell me that pen." They seem to be quite big on the whole upselling thing, so just keep that in mind. They might ask something like what's your favorite game, then right after they'll ask you to explain why a customer should buy that game. Stuff like that and nothing all that bad really.

Interview Questions

• Sell me this clipboard and upsell me that pen.   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Blockbuster in May 2008.

Interview

The interview process didn't take long after the initial contact. It consisted of an online application followed by a call from the District Manager. He initially interviewed me for a Store Manager Posistion. Typical interview questions reguarding my past experience and situational questions about store operations. The process then continued with a call from the HR manger. That interview was more indept with probing questions into previous financial management and employee relation questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you had to achieve a sales goal that was to hard to achieve?   Answer Question