Blockbuster Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Blockbuster Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

1.6

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Santa Clarita, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Fun easy interview. Sat down in the office and conducted the interview there. Quick and easy interview only lasted 10 minutes. Asked stock questions about myself and how I see myself fitting in to the team. Movie knowledge was a must.

Interview Questions

• How many hours are you looking to work in a week?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

It was a group interview. It was quite fun, while we stood in a circle we were asked to name a movie and from that movie's cast we were to say another movie that a cast member was also in. After that we were given a list of movies and were asked to calmly and hastily locate them and bring them back to the group.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster (West Covina, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a week after to set up an appointment for the interview. It all started with small talk then he asked some stuff about high school since i had just graduated that year, such as the clubs i was in, my grades, and any regrets i had. Then towards the end asked me to go around the store and choose two movies and convince him to buy those movies. He also gave me a list of different membership plans then asked me to sell one to him.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Santa Clarita, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

Hiring was simple. Apply online for a specific job or simply submit your application for multiple locations. A store manager will contact you and ask you to come in at a specific time. The store manager will interview you and often give you an answer as to whether you are hired then and there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you've gone out of your way to assist a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Little negotiation possible, maybe a pay rate of .50 higher then the norm.

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Long Beach, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

Expect to be interviewed by managers that do NOT run your store, and expect to be interviewed by three of them at once. They were very nice and asked questions about my hobbies and skills rather than experience, they look for somebody that would be a good fit for the store and will get along well with other employees.

Interview Questions

• If you had a weakness, what would it be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple, they offer you a pay, if you say no, they bump it by 50 cents, if you say no once more, you walk out the door.

Anonymous Employee in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Oxnard, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

sat in back room and was asked questions - the questions were simple, in fact he barely noticed I was there and was interrupted multiple times, he later admitted he only hired me to upset the store manager.

Interview Questions

• where do I see myself in 10 years. worse questions ever   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blockbuster (Long Beach, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

Basic 5-6 question interview, they looked for personality and people skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a slightly better then minimum wage.