Bloom Energy Installations Applications Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloom Energy Installations Applications Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Bloom Energy

1 Interview Review

4.0

Installations Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloom Energy (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Company recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn. Spoke with a separate HR person for 15 minutes before three 1/2 hour phone interviews with hiring manager (potential supervisor) and two other managers. Invited to in person interview with a total 8 people for three hours. All interviews were scheduled through a third HR person. I was asked the same questions during the 1/2 hour interview sessions, which another reviewer mentioned. The questions were relevant to the position, but it did feel repetitive and somewhat exhausting by the last hour. During one of my sessions with two people, I could see one of the interviewers yawning out of the corner of my eye as I was responding to the other person's questions. He also had his iPhone on and was receiving phone calls, e-mail and text messages during my interview.

I ended up staying 1/2 hour longer than scheduled because a manager from the East Coast who I had previously spoke to over the phone came in to speak to me after my last interviews and proceeded to ask me more technical questions. It was my bad for not being prepared, but I had already expressed that I wasn't completely knowledgeable of their product and industry coming from different field and doing different types of work. He was honest with me at that time that he liked my enthusiasm, but was concerned that I was unable to speak technically to customers.

I was informed of their decision to move forward with other candidates within a week of my in-person interview. Standard letter of rejection...thanks for your time, we're moving forward with other candidates, we'll keep your resume on file.

Overall, I had mixed feelings about the interview process as I had to deal with three different people from HR and the repetitive questions made me wonder about their hiring process and even what exactly was expected of the job. I had the opportunity to ask the people I interviewed with about why they chose the company and why they still work there. Considering the long hours they work, I truly hope their positive responses were genuine.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel if I told you we work from 8:00am to 6:00pm?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a difficult project experience you had?   Answer Question
  • How many projects do you work on at a time? (This was one of the questions asked multiple times)   Answer Question
  • Do you have experience coordinating with the utility? (Another repeated question.)   Answer Question