BloomReach Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BloomReach Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2017

SDR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at BloomReach (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I was sought out by a recruiter, and the interview process was very lengthy, and borderline unprofessional.The entire process took a total of 8 weeks, and consisted of 4 phone interviews, 1 face to face interview, 1 writing assignment. Each phone interview was with a different executive, who was clueless about your stage in the interview process.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BloomReach.

Interview

After applying online, I received a call from a recruiter. She talked about my interests, a little bit about my background, and why I want to intern there. Later, she set me up for phone interviews. There were three phone interviews, all technical, after which they offered me the position. The interviews involved standard algorithmic questions of easy-moderate difficulty. The last interview was with the Director of Engineering, and amusingly, the easiest one, in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Print unique permutations of a string.
      Implement power function efficiently.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The Offer was quite good. I didn't negotiate.

Interview

2 phone screens followed by a 4 hour onsite interview
    Interviewers were mostly in my current role. The general vibe was casual. People I met were friendly and nice (no stress tests).

Interview Questions

• How would you account for seasonality when running an AB test?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I first spoke with the recruiter for half an hour. I was asked about my programming experience, as well as reasons for choosing BloomReach. During the hour-long phone screen, I was first asked about my software engineering projects. The technical part of the interview consisted of an error-handling question and a data structure design question.

Customer Success Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BloomReach (Mountain View, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Very thorough. I had 3 phone interviews then a 6.5 hour onsite with 4-5 more people. It's somewhat exhausting process because of the time and each person asks you at least 2 case study question. Most of the time, you know there is an answer they are looking for but can't figure out if you've said all the right things. They ask questions very heavy on the science of their industry. i.e. billboards, improve bounce ratings, science behind cpc, how to improve organic search results, ect. The are obviously less interested in customer experience and more about the data.

Everyone at the office was really nice and answered all questions with thought and care. I made it all the way to an offer, was told I would be getting a call either way after a few days and then they just went silent. I couldn't get a response from the recruiter, hr manager or most people I interviewed with. One of the strangest hiring experiences I've gone through. After 2 weeks, I ended up accepting another offer. It was frustrating considering all the time that I invested, but I honestly feel like I dodged a bullet on this one.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are centered heavily on analytics and account growth versus customer experience and longevity.   Answer Question

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BloomReach.

Interview

Three rounds of phone interviews. Not hard but I failed at the last round because the interviewer is an Indian and I couldn't understand his English. (Not his fault I guess.)

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BloomReach (San Diego, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

BloomReach has 3 rounds of technical interview.
    First step was a phone call with the recruiter, who discussed my resume and interests. She explained me about the various projects the interns work on during their internships....they were some really impressive projects.
    Second step was a technical phone interview.
    My interview had gone very well...however was rejected for a reason very weird which was a slow typing speed...later my interview was re-reviewed and I received an apology from the recruiter and interviewer....but i would call it a bad experience...

Interview Questions

• 1. Reverse a Linked List
      2. Given an integer k, reverse every k nodes of the linked list   1 Answer

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BloomReach (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Met with head of eng over the weekend as I already had multiple offers at hand. He had been introduced to me through linkedin. The meeting resulted in an on-site interview the following Monday. Met with 5 engineers including the CTO.
    Discussed an offer the next day.
    Accepted it the following day, declining other offers, halting interview with Facebook and others, and stopping the offer negotiation with Twitter.

Interview Questions

• . Describe the data model for the web app that I built, a consumer app for discounted group buying with local merchants.
      . NoSQL design of an e-commerce site product DB
      . How would I build a user database for personalization (or targeting)?
      . Code up breadth first search for path planning on a grid.   Answer Question

Product and Engagement Manager (Customer Success Manager) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BloomReach (Mountain View, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online - the recruiter took several weeks to respond to my application, but after that the interview process was fairly standard (~2 weeks overall).

It was a very long series of interviews - first an HR/recruiter phone interview, then 2 peer phone interviews, then an onsite with 4-5 additional staff (peers, directors, 1 VP). I was asked questions very specific to their product, and was asked to do things like make percentage calculations on the spot - many of the interviews felt more like an IQ quiz than an inquiry into my skills and experience.

I also noticed that most of the PEM staff had advanced degrees, and many people I interviewed with had previously worked at Bain capital (BloomReach's largest investor).

In the end, despite receiving very positive feedback from each interviewer during the process, and thoroughly answering their detailed questions (even getting the math calculations correct), BloomReach told me the review committee would not be making me an offer (though they could not offer a reason as to why - not even a vague, "not a good fit").

It was a disappointing experience given the time and energy that I put into the extensive interview process.

Interview Questions

• How would you measure the effectiveness of billboards on brand awareness?   Answer Question
    • If I was the CTO of a customer org, and I wanted to cancel my subscription to BloomReach for a competitor product, what would you say to talk me out of it?   Answer Question
    • If I were using BloomReach's organic search product, and overnight the traffic to my website/content dropped, what would you suggest is the cause?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BloomReach in October 2015.

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn and was contacted for a first round phone screen in a week. A week later I heard back to schedule for a second round phone screen. Both were likely peer interviews, having other PEMs, junior and senior ask me questions about my background and other test questions to verify my capabilities. I was told the process next involved an on-site which I didn't make.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself
      2. What's the maximum amount a company is willing to pay an advertiser on a pay-per-click ad?
      3. You're a client rep at BloomReach and your client has our service up and running for two months but traffic for organic search is down. They are unhappy and want to cancel the service, what do you do?   1 Answer