BloomReach Interview Questions in Mountain View, CA | Glassdoor

BloomReach Interview Questions in Mountain View, CA

3.4

Customer Success Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BloomReach (Mountain View, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Very thorough. I had 3 phone interviews then a 6.5 hour onsite with 4-5 more people. It's somewhat exhausting process because of the time and each person asks you at least 2 case study question. Most of the time, you know there is an answer they are looking for but can't figure out if you've said all the right things. They ask questions very heavy on the science of their industry. i.e. billboards, improve bounce ratings, science behind cpc, how to improve organic search results, ect. The are obviously less interested in customer experience and more about the data.

Everyone at the office was really nice and answered all questions with thought and care. I made it all the way to an offer, was told I would be getting a call either way after a few days and then they just went silent. I couldn't get a response from the recruiter, hr manager or most people I interviewed with. One of the strangest hiring experiences I've gone through. After 2 weeks, I ended up accepting another offer. It was frustrating considering all the time that I invested, but I honestly feel like I dodged a bullet on this one.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are centered heavily on analytics and account growth versus customer experience and longevity.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BloomReach (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Met with head of eng over the weekend as I already had multiple offers at hand. He had been introduced to me through linkedin. The meeting resulted in an on-site interview the following Monday. Met with 5 engineers including the CTO.
    Discussed an offer the next day.
    Accepted it the following day, declining other offers, halting interview with Facebook and others, and stopping the offer negotiation with Twitter.

Interview Questions

• . Describe the data model for the web app that I built, a consumer app for discounted group buying with local merchants.
      . NoSQL design of an e-commerce site product DB
      . How would I build a user database for personalization (or targeting)?
      . Code up breadth first search for path planning on a grid.
      Answer Question

Product and Engagement Manager (Customer Success Manager) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BloomReach (Mountain View, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online - the recruiter took several weeks to respond to my application, but after that the interview process was fairly standard (~2 weeks overall).

It was a very long series of interviews - first an HR/recruiter phone interview, then 2 peer phone interviews, then an onsite with 4-5 additional staff (peers, directors, 1 VP). I was asked questions very specific to their product, and was asked to do things like make percentage calculations on the spot - many of the interviews felt more like an IQ quiz than an inquiry into my skills and experience.

I also noticed that most of the PEM staff had advanced degrees, and many people I interviewed with had previously worked at Bain capital (BloomReach's largest investor).

In the end, despite receiving very positive feedback from each interviewer during the process, and thoroughly answering their detailed questions (even getting the math calculations correct), BloomReach told me the review committee would not be making me an offer (though they could not offer a reason as to why - not even a vague, "not a good fit").

It was a disappointing experience given the time and energy that I put into the extensive interview process.

Interview Questions

• How would you measure the effectiveness of billboards on brand awareness?   Answer Question
    • If I was the CTO of a customer org, and I wanted to cancel my subscription to BloomReach for a competitor product, what would you say to talk me out of it?   Answer Question
    • If I were using BloomReach's organic search product, and overnight the traffic to my website/content dropped, what would you suggest is the cause?   1 Answer

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BloomReach (Mountain View, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

First 1:1 was with a member of the team. She asked a series of pretty technical questions that I deem to be difficult to answer on the spot, and then proceeded to tell me that this position is not technical at all.

Product and Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BloomReach (Mountain View, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process is as follows: a screening phone interview, followed by phone interviews with the peer group (these include a mini-case related to the company expertise), followed by on-site interviews with peer through director level individuals. These interviews varied from behavioral to case questions.

The people are really friendly and want to see you succeed. I enjoyed interviewing here because I knew that these people would be fun to work with based on the interviewing process. The recruiters were professional as well. Always timely and responsive. Unique.

Interview Questions

• If you have a new product you are taking to market, how would you determine how much you would want to spend on [online] advertising?   1 Answer

Engineering, Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BloomReach (Mountain View, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Had a couple phone screens that went over progressively more complicated subject matter. Had to do a short "take home" coding assignment (needed to show a grasp of data structures, and some web technology) in whatever language I wanted. Wasn't simple, but not difficult. I had 4 1:1 interviews onsite in Mountain View after that.

First two were very technical, definitely designed to suss out the extent of what you know. The interviewers were cordial but you could tell their shields were up. They weren't going to give you any clues as to how you were doing. I wouldn't be surprised if some other folks who interviewed here took this as unfriendliness. I didn't read it that way. It was certainly not a "chummy" interview, but I didn't expect that. White boarding of code, architecture, workflows, and algorithms was common in both interviews. While I found these first two interviews to be quite difficult, no questions were unfair.

Next one was about a 80/20 split of technical and culture. A little higher level concepts, slightly less nitty-gritty. There was a good amount of white boarding of code, architecture, and workflows. I found this interview to also be difficult, but again I found no questions unfair.

The last interview was again about an 80/20 split of technical and culture. White boarding of code, algorithms and the like. As you can probably expect I found this interview to also be tough but fair.

TLDR: Tough but fair.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BloomReach (Mountain View, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online, then was contacted by recruiter to set up a phone screen -- 3 in total, each of them contingent on good performance on the previous. Interviewer was OK, but hard to understand and not very responsive to questions asked about the specifics of questions.

Interview Questions

• Checking if a word could be formed from other words, i.e. "helloworld" == true, "helloworl" == false   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BloomReach (Mountain View, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

VERY disappointing.

I got a feeling from the recruiter and CTO that they don't respect you and don't care what you are thinking. What they do is to keep talking and talking, ignoring all your questions and thoughts.

During the interview with CTO, he didn't care what I was saying. He began questioning me before he got the context. I have had dozens of interviews, and the phone interview with CTO is the worst.

Interview Questions

• Paint fence from leetcode; basic calculator from leetcode;   Answer Question

QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BloomReach (Mountain View, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Two team members asked fairly standard and basic interview questions followed by a brief simulation of job duties. They were nice and offered drinks and food. The interview took place in two stages, with some background/personality questions, following by skills questions. None of the skills turned out to be that relevant.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BloomReach (Mountain View, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview process was simple and straight forward. I'd come from doing a touch of recruiting, so understood the process and was pleased with the turnaround time, hitting promised deadlines for contact, etc. Each individual was helpful and direct with information.

Had courtesy interview with one BloomReach employee, and then another interview with someone in a position similar to what I was interviewing for. Each went very well and was quite comfortable. Then I interviewed with 3 execs - each with very different personalities. I felt prepared and confident and so was content at the end of the process that the questions we'd all asked were comfortably answered.

The Recruiting Coordinator/Scheduler did a good job of getting everyone to their meetings - no small task when herding execs.

For some reason, I was very at ease through the process. I felt like this place would be a fantastic fit for me so I didn't feel like I was "interviewing" - more like "getting to know folks" to see if we all "fit together." That ultimately proved to be the case.

Interview Questions

• The one thing that totally stood out in the process was the very last question asked by my last interviewer: (To paraphrase/as best I can remember the question)
      What is unique about YOU? In other words, what would You bring to BloomReach.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. Fool that I am... I was so pleased with how it all went, I simply said Yes when the offer was presented. I definitely regret that part of the process - and that part only - that said, it was absolutely my fault for not playing-the-game.