Bloomberg BNA Interview Questions in Arlington, VA | Glassdoor

3.2

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

START Program Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg BNA (Arlington, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

Very detailed and difficult interview that you must be prepared for and have done extensive research but overall the process is very quick and efficient and does not take a long period of time. Company is very open with you in what to expect.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg BNA (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Typical interview, followed by written test on a later date. This was a few years ago, but from what I've heard it's still the same process. The interview was pretty standard stuff, with a couple interviewers. The written test was (up to) 3 hours on a legal topic.

START Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg BNA (Arlington, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

I was approached via LinkedIn message by a recruiter. I had an hour phone screening/interview where I was then invited for an in person interview in Arlington, VA. The onsite interview consisted of 5 rounds of 30 minute interviews, followed by a lunch with the current START trainees, and then a mock sales interaction. The mock sales interaction consisted of an hour to research the data base for the answers to three questions. Then, you were invited to sit down with the COO and Director of Sales to pitch, handle objections, and close the sale. NO CLOSE, NO OFFER.

Even if you do not receive an offer (only 8 hired), it is a tremendous learning experience.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg BNA (Arlington, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

After applying for the job online, I was given a timed writing test: only two hours to summarize a very technical patent law case of one pharmaceutical company challenging the patent of another based on prior art. I completed it and, although the manager told me I missed an important point, he still scheduled an interview for me. As I was overseas, he agreed to a phone interview with a panel of three managers in the life sciences division. The call went well, they were very punctual and friendly to talk to. They explained the organization and what my duties would be, where the division is heading and the types of social media I would be required to maintain as part of my job. They were very forthcoming as to the early hours, and we discussed housing options in the Arlington area.

Interview Questions

• What is my experience in the Life Sciences industry?   1 Answer
    • Describe my experience writing about patent law legislation and regulation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg BNA (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Once you are called in, you will be asked to demonstrate your competency through a two-part test. One will be multiple choice, 20 questions. The second part will be summarizing an excerpt of a Judicial Opinion and/or a publication from a Federal or State level collecting authority.

Interview Questions

• If you owned an Ice Cream truck in New York City, how would you decide which flavors to sell?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg BNA (Arlington, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

I received a call from HR a few weeks after submitting my application. I was asked to come in for testing and an interview. The test was 3 hours long and consisted of editing copy and summarizing a long case in a few sentences. I met with a manager, who was very nice, about the company's products and the position itself. About a week later I was asked to come back for a second interview and met with the manager again and two employees. HR had given me the wrong time for the interview so I was not able to meet with everyone I was supposed to. I followed up a week later and was told I'd hear by the end of the week. At the end of the following week I was contacted and asked if I was interested in a similar position in a different department. I said yes and so began the interview process over again for that role. After 3 and a half months of back and forth with no offers but still being asked to go back for more interviews, I eventually moved on to other opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were directly related to my prior legal experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bloomberg BNA (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Multiple interviewers who were focused on finding the right fit for their particular team goals, culture, and work ethic. They asked professional questions about my editing experience related to the position, as well as 'get to know' you questions to determine my level of creativity, enthusiasm, and preference of working with a team or independently.

Interview Questions

• Q: What made you decided to apply for this position?   1 Answer

Temporary State Tax Law Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg BNA (Arlington, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The staffing agency did the initial phone screening interview. After the phone interview, I had to complete an editing test within 2 hours in a word document with track changes on. I met with 3 state tax law managing editors one on one.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my experience, knowledge of specific tax law field (sales and use, excise, personal income)   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg BNA (Arlington, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

employee referral, did not have an interview for the position I received. I heard from other employees the interview process was intimidating and performed by a previous employee no longer at the company. Definitely practice!

Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg BNA (Arlington, VA) in December 2015.

Interview

I flew into Arlington and met with 4 managers. I spent about 30 minutes with each one of them. They want to know that you have done your research on BNA and on each one of the managers you are interviewing with. They are looking for smart, competitive, money motivated seniors. I ate lunch with some of the employees who were in the training program. This was great for asking questions. In the afternoon you have to do a case study/role play and present it in front of the managers. Make sure you close and ask for the job and close the case study. I left with an offer at the end of the day which I accepted. I am looking forward to working for BNA.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you? Why do you want to be in sales? What do you know about the company? What do you know about our managers?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Could not negotiate for a higher salary.