Bloomberg BNA Interview Questions in Arlington, VA | Glassdoor

Bloomberg BNA Interview Questions in Arlington, VA

Updated May 3, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg BNA (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Once you are called in, you will be asked to demonstrate your competency through a two-part test. One will be multiple choice, 20 questions. The second part will be summarizing an excerpt of a Judicial Opinion and/or a publication from a Federal or State level collecting authority.

Interview Questions

• If you owned an Ice Cream truck in New York City, how would you decide which flavors to sell?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg BNA (Arlington, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

I received a call from HR a few weeks after submitting my application. I was asked to come in for testing and an interview. The test was 3 hours long and consisted of editing copy and summarizing a long case in a few sentences. I met with a manager, who was very nice, about the company's products and the position itself. About a week later I was asked to come back for a second interview and met with the manager again and two employees. HR had given me the wrong time for the interview so I was not able to meet with everyone I was supposed to. I followed up a week later and was told I'd hear by the end of the week. At the end of the following week I was contacted and asked if I was interested in a similar position in a different department. I said yes and so began the interview process over again for that role. After 3 and a half months of back and forth with no offers but still being asked to go back for more interviews, I eventually moved on to other opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were directly related to my prior legal experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bloomberg BNA (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Multiple interviewers who were focused on finding the right fit for their particular team goals, culture, and work ethic. They asked professional questions about my editing experience related to the position, as well as 'get to know' you questions to determine my level of creativity, enthusiasm, and preference of working with a team or independently.

Interview Questions

• Q: What made you decided to apply for this position?   1 Answer

Temporary State Tax Law Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg BNA (Arlington, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The staffing agency did the initial phone screening interview. After the phone interview, I had to complete an editing test within 2 hours in a word document with track changes on. I met with 3 state tax law managing editors one on one.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my experience, knowledge of specific tax law field (sales and use, excise, personal income)   Answer Question

Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg BNA (Arlington, VA) in December 2015.

Interview

I flew into Arlington and met with 4 managers. I spent about 30 minutes with each one of them. They want to know that you have done your research on BNA and on each one of the managers you are interviewing with. They are looking for smart, competitive, money motivated seniors. I ate lunch with some of the employees who were in the training program. This was great for asking questions. In the afternoon you have to do a case study/role play and present it in front of the managers. Make sure you close and ask for the job and close the case study. I left with an offer at the end of the day which I accepted. I am looking forward to working for BNA.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you? Why do you want to be in sales? What do you know about the company? What do you know about our managers?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Could not negotiate for a higher salary.

Contractor (Tax Law Editor) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg BNA (Arlington, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by two managers for the project they were hiring. The process was based on the resume presented, and the conversation was very casual but focused on my tax experience. I was hired a week later, but right before the first day I was notified of a delay due to their funding issues.

Interview Questions

• Q: What difficulties did you encounter in your previous employment and how did you overcome those difficulties?   1 Answer

Digital Marketing Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bloomberg BNA (Arlington, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

Informal, friendly and done over-the-phone. It was a good conversation about what skills I brought and the needs of the company. I spoke with two people from the team and discussed the culture of the office and work environment.

Account Manager, Engagement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg BNA (Arlington, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Submitted application online and received a callback from recruiter to schedule a phone screen. After that discussion, I moved on to the interview round. This was described to me as 4 people coming in all once, but what happened was two came in, asked standard questions and then the boss came in and asked similar questions. Got no real feedback and learned through back channels that I was moving on to the final presentation round.

They asked me to prepare a 30-minute presentation using their website as source material. I gave my pitch, received positive feedback, answered a few more questions and understood that the decision would be made within a week.

After no communication for three weeks, I looked online to see that the position is no longer listed. I emailed the recruiter who asked me to call that afternoon. When we finally connected, I was given benign reasons for why they chose another candidate and learned that the decision was made a few days after the interview. However, because I had to chase down the recruiter, this led to a less than professional experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you believe you can contribute to the goals of this position?   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg BNA (Arlington, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

Difficult but manageable. They want to see that you want this job, not that you're looking for multiple offers. They want to you close for the job at the end of the interview; if you don't, they likely will not extend an offer no matter how well the interview went.

Interview Questions

• What would your friends say about you?   1 Answer

Publishing Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg BNA (Arlington, VA) in July 2013.

Interview

I was hired directly by my manager after interviewing with her and her manager. The manager told me the history of the company. She was very informal. She proceeded to tell me about her background, what she does for the company and how she started. She also told me about her education and how easy it would be for me to fit into the environment.

Interview Questions

• If given 3 tasks all due today, and you could not complete all of them, how would you determine which one to complete   Answer Question