Bloomberg BNA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

START Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg BNA (Arlington, VA) in May 2018.

Interview

Two parts: Interviewing with several hiring managers and a difficult role-play scenario to see how well a candidate can sell BBNA products.
    The hiring managers you interview with can change at any point due to their busy schedules and other meetings.

Interview Questions

• "You have about 2 minutes left in the interview so... sell me on something."   2 Answers
    • Hypothetical: Why did you flunk all 4 role-play questions?   3 Answers
    • Why do you want to come back into sales?   2 Answers
    • Where would you like to end up after the 1-year training program.   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg BNA (Arlington, VA) in April 2011.

Interview

After you have narrowed the candidate pool based on your evaluation of the resumes you've received, and possibly a round of phone interviewing, it is time to conduct in-person interviews – and you want to make sure your interview is time well spent. These articles will help you prepare for the interviewing process and avoid common interviewing mistakes.

Interview Questions

• Generic interview questions   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg BNA in September 2016.

Interview

There seemed to be a lack of communication between recruiting and the hiring manager, as I actually interviewed in person with the hiring manager prior to talking on the phone with a recruiter. Eventually this lack of communication transferred over to my interactions with HR staff, as, after a second round of interviews and an assessment, I essentially entered into a period of radio silence with multiple emails and calls to HR unreturned. I ended up taking another job in the period while I was waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• How would you transfer skills from your prior workplace to Bloomberg?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg BNA.

Interview

I applied online through Bloomberg BNA after seeing an opening posted on LinkedIn. About three weeks later, I was contacted by a Bloomberg recruiter indicating that they would like to move forward with my application and asking about my availability over the next two weeks for a phone call to further discuss the opportunity. I responded to the recruiter but never heard back from them. It has been 6 weeks now since applying, 3 since they contacted me about moving forward, and I still have not heard anything more from the recruiter. I tried following up on 2 occasions in case the email was misplaced or filtered incorrectly into the spam folder (unlikely as I replied in-line). I am assuming that the position has now been filled given that their website says all postings are kept up until they have been filled and the posting is no longer up on the careers website.

Why was I contacted and informed that they were moving forward with my application and then ignored? I can understand not responding to each and every applicant who doesn't make the first cut given that there can be a large volume of applications and not all companies have automated processes for hiring, but to completely ignore a candidate after contacting them and indicating that you would like to move forward with their application is completely unprofessional, inappropriate, and unbecoming of a company of any size and status.

For the record, I responded to the initial email within 24 hours (i.e., one business day) so it was within what should be considered a reasonable response time. It wasn't as if I had waited a week or more and they had already conducted other phone calls and narrowed down the candidates to in-person interviews. What an awful experience. I was genuinely interested in the position and excited by the prospect of working with Bloomberg BNA, but the process has left a poor and lasting impression.

Intern Interview

Interview

Connected with me on LinkedIn then set up a call on Monday and second on Thursday and Friday. Offer on Friday just be confident and be yourself. A very very easy relax interview they invest into there employees

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg BNA in May 2014.

Interview

It was very simple. After I applied, I heard from the HR department a couple of days later. There was a quick HR screening and then phone interview with a director.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg BNA (Arlington, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

employee referral, did not have an interview for the position I received. I heard from other employees the interview process was intimidating and performed by a previous employee no longer at the company. Definitely practice!

Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg BNA.

Interview

Very basic process. I applied online through their portal and received an email about a week later from a company recruiter requesting a phone call. I spoke to the recruiter, then had a phone call with the regional manager, then had an in-person interview with the regional manager. All this took place over the course of about 2 weeks.

The in-person interview consisted of a role playing exercise where they have you "sell yourself" and also a case study where they have you utilize their website to answer some questions. This case study is not just to prove to them that you can use their interface, but also to test your ability to close the sale. This was where I messed up. I was so focused on getting the substantive answers right that I completely forgot that I was interviewing for a sales position and did not try to close the the imaginary prospect in the case study. Don't make my mistake!

Overall it was a good experience and everyone was very professional.

Interview Questions

• They were very interested about whether I had any transactional sales experience. They also wanted accolades like champions club, presidents club, etc. where I could prove that I was consistently over quota in my current position.   Answer Question

Bloomberg BNA Response

Jul 17, 2017 – CHRO

Thank you for the honest feedback of our sales interview process. We understand that sometimes people have an off day. If you'd like another chance to work for Bloomberg BNA, please contact your... More

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg BNA.

Interview

Five different people talk to you during the day. They will ask you a variety of questions (usually standard sales questions). They will talk to you about what you know about Bloomberg BNA. There is a break for a lunch. After Lunch you may or may not have a case study to do where you are asked to use their software to answer a variety of questions. This is to test not only how easy their software is, but also how well you can answer these questions and do a sales presentation.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg BNA (Orlando, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview process was pretty simple. Spoke with the recruiter for initial phone interview. Then had a phone interview with potential manager. After that, had an in-person interview with potential manager. After that, they made an offer of employment contingent upon passing a background check and you have to submit for a drug screen. If you pass those you are good to go.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a hunter mentality?   1 Answer

Legal Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg BNA (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Once you are called in, you will be asked to demonstrate your competency through a two-part test. One will be multiple choice, 20 questions. The second part will be summarizing an excerpt of a Judicial Opinion and/or a publication from a Federal or State level collecting authority.

Interview Questions

• If you owned an Ice Cream truck in New York City, how would you decide which flavors to sell?   Answer Question