Bloomberg L.P. Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 30, 2016

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

Simple phone interview. Asked about interests and prior work experience. I received a call and went over my resume. They did a great job in answering my questions but I guess I wasn't the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this role?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Analyst Interview

Interview

• Researched unmanned plane, online education platform and casting companies and their related industries by analyzing the financial statements, future trends, market size and government policy to support making investment decisions.
    • Successfully built DCF valuation model and completed analysis reports based on their profit model, financial statements and interviewing the management team and specialists.
    • Trained, led and directed by the investment director and general manager.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Good - questions about my background, past work experiences, etc. I started with a phone screen and then had two onsite interviews. When on site I met with 3-4 people each time and had lunch with two junior employees. Good - questions about my background, past work experiences, etc. I started with a phone screen and then had two onsite interviews. When on site I met with 3-4 people each time and had lunch with two junior employees.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you have replied to constructive criticism?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, then phone interview with Manager. In person interview with Manager. Then called back for another interview with a manager from another department who told me he wasn't part of the hiring process. Knew I wasn't getting the position at that time!! But all in all, not bad process. Just wished they didn't waste my time with the last interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

Got an phone call from the agency for the position. Had 1:1 interview at the agency. Asked briefly about the college that I attended. Walk through my resume and skills. I waited two weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

hourly rate was not negotiable.
    nothing much

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Almost 12 interviews because there was no job opening at the time. The questions, and questioners were indicative of something I would later learn about the culture: people here are aggressive and like to see how you respond to being pushed around.

Many of the questions were general conversational questions about what I had done before. But many of them were clearly attempts to test the thickness of my skin. Almost none of the questions were technical.

Interview Questions

• "I have no idea how you ever made any money." that really happened   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn;t really able to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

It was a great interview experience. There were several interviews. You need stamina to get through it. I would be honest and just go for it. Best of luck. Great company.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Washington, DC) in October 2010.

Interview

The interview process lasted a long time, which seemed to indicate not a great internal process. There were numerous people to meet, but because of scheduling it was impossible to see more than one person at a time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

Got a call at 9:10 in the morning - they dont want their people sleeping in, I guess. The interviewer was pretty courteous, very nice. First she asked me to run through my resume. I started with my most recent experience, since it was most apropos. She asked what I knew about the division I was applying for (renewable energies) and I did have a chance to look back over the job posting as well as study up on the "Bloomberg Philosophy" before the phone interview so I was able to fill in some details. She didn't seem too demanding on in-depth knowledge here, so that's fair. However, seemed glad that I knew something.

Most of the questions afterwards were generally about my finance and marketing experience and clarification questions running through my history to see how my career developed. Also,

After the interview she asked for a writing sample - the more quantitative the better. Unfortunately, I didn't have anything terribly quantitative on file so sent her something with both quant and qual, um, qualities.
    She also mentioned that I might have to resubmit my application since something went wrong with their system the first time around and it had automatically asked me the wrong questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some roles you've doing finance. How about marketing analysis?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Princeton Junction, Mercer, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton Junction, Mercer, NJ) in August 2010.

Interview

Called in, asked few questions about background and experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation for this position.