Bloomberg L.P. Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2017

38 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

It is a very hard process. There are four round with plenty of questions from statistic, mathematics, finance and programming. It last about four weeks to get the final response.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

Simple phone interview. Asked about interests and prior work experience. I received a call and went over my resume. They did a great job in answering my questions but I guess I wasn't the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this role?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

• Researched unmanned plane, online education platform and casting companies and their related industries by analyzing the financial statements, future trends, market size and government policy to support making investment decisions.
    • Successfully built DCF valuation model and completed analysis reports based on their profit model, financial statements and interviewing the management team and specialists.
    • Trained, led and directed by the investment director and general manager.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2015.

Interview

first round, phone interview with HR
    Next round will be video with the team in Asia and London
    Final will be with the regional manager
    Also, you will have a written test to see what kind of language you speak

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Good - questions about my background, past work experiences, etc. I started with a phone screen and then had two onsite interviews. When on site I met with 3-4 people each time and had lunch with two junior employees. Good - questions about my background, past work experiences, etc. I started with a phone screen and then had two onsite interviews. When on site I met with 3-4 people each time and had lunch with two junior employees.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you have replied to constructive criticism?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, then phone interview with Manager. In person interview with Manager. Then called back for another interview with a manager from another department who told me he wasn't part of the hiring process. Knew I wasn't getting the position at that time!! But all in all, not bad process. Just wished they didn't waste my time with the last interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

Got an phone call from the agency for the position. Had 1:1 interview at the agency. Asked briefly about the college that I attended. Walk through my resume and skills. I waited two weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

hourly rate was not negotiable.
    nothing much

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2013.

Interview

Initial phone screening by a data center HR consultant. She asked basic questions to see if I matched a general profile for the role. She passed me along to the HR contact in the main office.

Second phone screening by the main office HR contact. Similar drill to the first call, but contact actually knew about the role and could answer specific questions. This contact organized the in office interview process.

The in office interview was very hectic and seemed haphazardly put together. The night before the interview I was advised via email there would be a test, but was provided with no specifics. I had an hour of interviews with several members of the team asking general CV questions and specific questions about the analysis area. I then had a 90min test where I was given a large data set to comb through and write a 5 paragraph "Economist" article.

After the interview I heard nothing for a week and then only after several emails did they say they were proceeding with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• I then had a 90min test where I was given a large data set to comb through and write a 5 paragraph "Economist" article.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Washington, DC) in April 2011.

Interview

This was back when BNEF was just NEF. But I had one phone interview, and one in-person interview. The interviews were easy because I already knew the boss that was hiring me. So it may not apply, and the interview as in 2008, not 2011 as there was not an option for 2008.

Interview Questions

• What's the first thing you would do if you came here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Almost 12 interviews because there was no job opening at the time. The questions, and questioners were indicative of something I would later learn about the culture: people here are aggressive and like to see how you respond to being pushed around.

Many of the questions were general conversational questions about what I had done before. But many of them were clearly attempts to test the thickness of my skin. Almost none of the questions were technical.

Interview Questions

• "I have no idea how you ever made any money." that really happened   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn;t really able to negotiate