Bloomberg L.P. Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Analytics Interview Questions

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Straightforward, need to understand financial markets and the news.

Would recommend reading Glassdoor's other questions and also speaking to previous employees first. A friend prepped me for the interview process. Simply a phone all and then in person interview and I was offered the job shortly afterwards. Overall, smooth process.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between a stock and a bond?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview consists of a company tour, phantom chats where you take simulated client questions on the Bloomberg terminal, 2 30-minute interviews, and a group discussion activity and presentation. They do not all occur in this order.

Interview Questions

• What leadership opportunities did you take advantage of? What makes you want to go to sales? How would you handle a difficult client?   Answer Question

Analytics Interview

Interview

The interview consists of two parts: Group and individual interview, which happens in the morning and in the afternoon separately. Before that, I did an online test with the computer, which is basically videotaping.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with general questions and then invited to super day, which involved a team activity, a round of "speed dating" style interviews with managers and then later invited back for final interviews with managers before receiving an offer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

30 minute phone interview with HR. After that was invited to a super day along with 30 other candidates. During the super day there were 1-1 interviews and a group assignment.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Took several weeks and several screens. Very pleasant people to interview with, and a great company culture. Should have an interest in financial markets, and have responses to the general fit questions. Overall, a pleasant experience

Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2017.

Interview

Had to do an online interview where I was asked a series of questions and then had a minute to respond to them on video. Finished with a phone-screen where I was asked more questions about why I wanted the job and why I would be a good fit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online. Got call from HR a couple of weeks later. First round HR phone interview. Second round panel interviews with hiring manager and the team. Third round: presentation to the team and management.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in January 2019.

Interview

Rigid process, which is filtered by recruiters. Analytics team is a glorified call centre, but recruiters will not say this directly. Understandably, there is high resignations by analytics, so recruiters need to fill the pipeline

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about the bloomberg terminal   1 Answer

Analytics Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2010.

Interview

Group interview. Has a recruiter give quick intro into the job and the company, everyone gave a 3 minute self intro, and then there was a Q&A session. that was it.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked of us.   1 Answer