Bloomberg L.P. Analytics Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Analytics Representative Interview Questions

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

Well organized - one phone interview & two in person. Interview is for analytics but you need to have a strong interest in sales, specifically core terminal. Analytics is the stepping stone and you are mostly vetted for your interested in the Company, sales, Analytics dept & adding value/learning in the analytics role, providing best customer service & gaining the necessary skills to crush it in sales.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Was a slow and lengthy process. Where the recruiters seem to take their time. Once you finally got an interview they wanted to know your knowledge about the market.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough and dynamic. First a phone screen, then a phone interview, followed by the first round (group) interview, before breaking off for a 1:1 interview with 2 members of the department. Then, I was invited back for a second 1:1 interview with a manger within the department. After which, I met with the manager of the entire "Americas". Shortly after, I received a phone call from HR with a formal offer along with an email with the job offer/offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Where within the company do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Recruited at an on campus event. Went to NY for in person HR interview. Met with HR and head of desk. Offer extended. Total 2 week process. Overall fairly straight forward and easy. Since this is a sales function they are mainly checking for personality, intellect capacity and culture fit.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

Fairly simple interview, HR Rep was very knowledgeable about the position and answered any questions I had. Was told I would hear back if I was being considered for a second interview. Received e-mail stating I was considered for a second interview. The second interview was oddly almost identical to the first with a few variations. Mostly about organizational fit, work experience, accomplishments. Nothing too technical.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a leadership role you took on and how it affects your outlook on the workplace?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

I sent my resume through their webpage, after a few days (Less than a week) I got an email to set up a phone interview. This was really basic, about why did I choose bloomberg, the description of the position, and a light introduction about myself.

About a week later, they sent me another e-mail for a in-house interview with a sales manager and an analyticis represenentative, this was more in depth about my resume and personality (biggest achievement, what do i have to offer, etc.)

Analytics Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

one on one interview, sit down with manager from Sales and Analytics for around 30 min each, then HR will contact you back within few days to let you know the result. Everything's pretty quick

Interview Questions

• mostly likely cv based questions, also asked about selling iphone to Android user   Answer Question

Analytics Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interview

I went to an open door event where they were showing what the job was about - at the end it's a customer care of very high level. You interact with customers mainly on chat. I spoke with two Italian people, very good people who were asking me why I wanted to change my career to finance (I was coming from a different background) I told them I wanted to try to something new, different. They started to ask me questions about financial terms which I only partially knew. At the end we kinda of agreed that I didn't want the job and they didn't want me to do the job - it's a win2win situation

Interview Questions

• Explain strategy of European Central Bank about interests / difference between a future and a forward   Answer Question

Analytics Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

Phone interview first. Then tele conference interview with a hiring manager and his surbordinate. Interview process was smooth and quick. I beleive it is always better to have a face to face interview rather than a tele conference.

Interview Questions

• General understandinf of the role, scenario basd question   Answer Question

Analytics Representative Interview

Interview

online application, phone interview, on-site interview
    major questions were: why bloomberg, why this position, why finance industry?
    interviewers want to hear a very clear answer about your motivation.
    the interviewers are not really friendly when asking you questions, which made me feel uncomfortable to answer

Interview Questions

• the questions were simple and typical, but they dig deeper with why why whys.   Answer Question