Bloomberg L.P. Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Business Analyst Interview Questions

2.6

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

The initial phone interview was surprisingly very detailed and fairly technical, which I thought was a good thing. The call ended with the Bloomberg employee saying they would review with the hiring manager and let me know the next steps. However, 8 days later I had not heard anything back but got the automated email from their HR application portal saying the role was either cancelled or filled.

Worth noting this to all future applicants.

After reaching out, I did find out the role was cancelled. I would have thought that would be something which would have been proactively communicated to me (given the way the phone screen concluded) rather than me having to reach out.

Interview Questions

• I was surprised at the technical detail questions being asked for a phone screen with HR and thought that would have been something discussed once the conversation moved to one with hiring manager. That was a good surprise.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (San Francisco, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview with recruiter out of San Francisco. Very basic interview in terms of walk me through your resume. However, this recruiter couldn't answer a single one of my questions about the company! In addition, she was extremely awkward offering absolutely no comments, even as slight as a "yes" or "okay" as I walked through my resume.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions just basic walk me through your resume and generic "tell me about a time when..."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (San Francisco, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

I had an interview set up via email on my university's campus. The interview was mostly based on whether or not you have the aptitude and desire to complete the work. She told me that pretty much all you will be doing for 8 hours a day for the first year or so is answering customers questions about the terminal. All this is done via instant messaging, aka very boring.

Interview Questions

• Why and how does the Bloomberg terminal hold such a large market share?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

They called me for Business Analyst position which wasnt what I was interested in.

Interview Questions

• What roles are you looking for ?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2011.

Interview

Bloomberg came to campus and did a 1 to 1 interview. We went over my resume and some basic questions about why I wanted to work for bloomberg in new jersey.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2011.

Interview

interview on phone is hr interview, basically asking about your interest and why bloomberg is your choice.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in January 2011.

Interview

Asked me Why Bloomberg?
    Why this role?