Bloomberg L.P. Customer Support Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Customer Support Specialist Interview Questions

3.2

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2013.

Interview

General questions. Make sure you know your company history. The interviewer I got was very difficult in formulating questions. She seemed really unprepared which threw me off multiple times.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2009.

Interview

Phone interview was on speakerphone to desk head and HR rep. Just walked them through my resume in great detail - took about half an hour. Called in to their offices a few days later for another interview with two more people. Went over my previous job details again, then a couple of tech questions (what is z-spread, what is a CDS), then they asked me what I think BBG business plan looks like. Not a hard interview at all.

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2015.

Interview

Took 2 days before the phone interview then was invited to Bloomberg office for interview with team leader.
    They will ask basic question about yourself followed by a mock customer service test. Subsequently will be shadowing one of the team members to understand their daily operation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

Email reply ; phone interview; interview with 2 individuals at the company; follow up interview.
    The candidates interviewing did not impress and appeared quite grumpy and unhappy with their current roles.

Interview Questions

• Standards interview questions - nothing out of ordinary or surprising.   Answer Question

The position is a revolving door and it seemed that the retention rates were not high (which is concerning). Organization appeared quite bureaucratic.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

It was online applicaton, which I even forget about. After about two weeks I recieved an email asking about the best time for me to have a phone interview. I did not reply straight away, so after a few days the Bloomberg representative called me asking about the best time for the phone interview. We set up the date and the time and, of course, they called me exactly that minute, that was agreed.

Interview Questions

• what is the difference between good customer service and excellent one?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by a Russian with a very heavy accent. I had a hard time understanding the recruiter. I think she was lost once I got into talking about my last job specifications.

During the entire interview process and every time I was in contact with Bloomberg LP, I talked to people with heavy foreign accents that I could not understand. If I want to work in Russia then I move there and will do my best to learn the language better then my recruiters spoke English.

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2009.

Interview

After learning more about the entry level options at Bloomberg, didn't interest me anyway. Phone interview wasn't extensive. 1:1 interview went well, but never received a callback either way to let me know how they felt. That was disappointing, particularly after two rounds of interview and covering my own travel costs from several states away to interview in person. Even with a no, would have preferred a professional and courteous "thanks, bu no thanks."

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge you faced at work and how your educational experience prepared you for it.   Answer Question

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2008.

Interview

Interview starts with a group presentation, then a tour of the building which is very impressive. The group of applicants then get split up into groups which go to either a group discussion after reading a article or to one to one interviews. The interviewers were quite young.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are the most qualified person for this posiiton?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in February 2008.

Interview

Called me. Asked if i was ok with just 3 weeks holiday at first. They were a little tough on the phone. Hoped to answer all there questions well. Had two people call me. First manager. Second HR. Said they would get back to me . didnt for a while though

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in September 2007.

Interview

I was already working within Blombergs proffessional analytics department when I applied to their trading systems department. The process began with shadowing etc to show my interest - this went on for weeks. I then had a 1-2-1 with the department manager to express my interest in joining.
    They scheduled an intereview - this included my potential team leader, the london head, global head and the departmental head of recruitment.
    They didnt really test my financial knowledge, but more about my knowledge of the department - the initial phase was a 3 minute presentation on all the products they covered and who/what they were for.
    It was very much a case of good cop bad cop, with some encouraging looks, with some questions which were really trying to find out if i wanted to be with the company long term and what my interest was in trading systems as oppose to any other department - just using common sense and giving the answers you think they want to here is generally the way forward, but i guess working at bbg for a year or so alreayd definitely has its advantages.
    they kept quiet for a couple of weeks, and eventually came back to me with the job offer - no salary changes, as its only done once a year irrespective of any changes to your job title, etc

Interview Questions

• Why trading systems? Why not apply to a bank to work as trade support or to support an institutional propietary trading system?   2 Answers

Negotiation

no negociation - take it or leave it in the majority of cases