Bloomberg L.P. Data Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Data Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Bloomberg L.P.

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ) in March 2019.

Interview

Applied through employee referral. They got back to me in two days. First round was a video interview. 4 easy questions, but can be difficult in the sense that you want to make a point in a very succint manner because you only get 1 minute per each questions. Questions were on glassdoor, like Why are you interested in the Fintech Role (just talked about why I was interested in data analyst positione because I didn't know what they were talking about), Tell me about a time you had to make an informed decision using data, etc.

Got invited to second round like three days later. On-site "Super Day". Super Day had three "logical assessments". First was a group activity where you were divided into two different teams and had to debate supporting a side. Think they were trying to determine how you work in groups. Then, it was 11 multiple choice questions that consisted of Java, SQL, basic statistics, etc. A basic understanding of coding languages and statistics suffice. Finally, it was a 2 on 1 interview (although you really just interact with one interviewer) and you had to discuss/suggest ways to improve internal workflow/processes of the company with regards to particular projects. This assessment was probably the most challenging for most.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the Fintech Role
    Tell me about a time you had to make an informed decision using data, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

First round is a phone interview about basic background. Second round is an online exam about Finance and SQL. Need to finish within 1 hour and submit. They need you have both finance and tech background.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

First contacted by a recruiter, then got a email invitation to conduct a phone interview by hr. The phone interview took about thirty minutes to complete. and it took about 2 or 3 days to hear from the company about the interview result.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself; Describe one challenge you had during work; Do you have any experience with data structures.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Washington, DC) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview was a telephonic one. It was set up over email and I was given enough time to prepare for the same. The interview lasted for 20mins at a stretch.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • What projects have you done? Describe them.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work with us?   1 Answer
    • What are your favourite python libraries?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

I was interviewing for the Hong Kong position and I have received an email for the superday in NYC. But I was unable to pick a time slot and though I called and they promised to help me arrange a interview, I never heard from them since.

Interview Questions

• Brief introduction to yourself and why you are applying for this role.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

the first is a video interview. After 1 month I got a PHONE interview, it lasts for 20 min. just regular questions. but the hr speaks very fast. just take it easy and you will be fine

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied for Data Analyst position in Seoul, Korea. got a phone call from HR in Singapore.
    Most of the questions were based on my personal projects in resume. But they also asked what Data analysts are expected to do in Bloomberg; their roles, projects and how they interact with other workers in different positions. I got a email back after 3weeks about next round.

Interview Questions

• What kind of personal projects have you done related to Database management?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and ask someone working in Bloomberg to refer me. Within 2 week, I got a Phone Interview. But they don't sponsor international student in corresponding business line. So I was rejected for this position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your internship experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Newark, DE) in October 2017.

Interview

A brief recorded answer video interview. Followed up by and in person interview at my campus. The first interview consisted of 4 questions, you had a minute after you read the question to record a 2 minute answer. The in person interview lasted an hour and consisted mainly of questions regarding the actual position and not my resume/experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview process was straight forward. Interviewed with three separate levels of management. Asked relatively easy financial questions such as what is the difference between a stock and a bond. Also made a point to clarify if candidate ever had prior experience with their database.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a stock and a bond?   1 Answer