Bloomberg L.P. Data Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Data Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.9

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

I applied online through my university's job site. A few weeks later I received an email to set up a 30 minute Skype interview. They asked mostly behavioral questions as well as some personal ones (ex. what are some of your hobbies).

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

questions about market awareness. what can you bring to company/group. standard stuff. questions about market awareness. what can you bring to company/group. standard stuff. questions about market awareness. what can you bring to company/group. standard stuff. questions about market awareness. what can you bring to company/group. standard stuff.

Interview Questions

• are you aware of any transactions that the company has made recently? thoughts?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

went through a staffing agency. The agent was very nice but late by 20 minutes. He asked me questions about my resume. We talked about various topics. He really wanted to know were I wanted to go in terms of my career. I told him i want be a commodity analyst. He asked me what I have been doing while looking for job. I told him I mostly read books about economics and philosophy. The worse part of process filling out the paper work which took longer than interview

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview-- very technical and heavy on statistical expertise. Asked about R programming, python and also SQL and NoSQL databases How do bayesian statistics differ from more traditional statistics techniques. Explain a research question and how you would use bayesian statistics to analyze the results.

Interview Questions

• How do bayesian statistics differ from more traditional statistics techniques. Explain a research question and how you would use bayesian statistics to analyze the results.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Was a phone interview and it was with my direct manager. They asked the usual interview questions. The position I was applying for was very phone heavy so they wanted to see how you would be on the phone.

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Hiring was straightforward and through a temp agency. Only was asked basic questions and went through a background check. The temp agency reached out to me via a job board and after meeting with them and having a phone interview with my team leader at Bloomberg I had one more face to face at Bloomberg and started the following week.

Interview Questions

• Do you have an understanding of the financial markets?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Intense process with many rounds. You were not told how many people you'd meet ahead of time so you were waiting to hear at the end of each round whether you were done or moving on. HR was very responsive in terms of scheduling the interview and following up.

Interview Questions

• Why is a manhole cover round?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Skillman, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Skillman, NJ) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview is largely about cultural fit. They will not ask you much about financial markets or knowledge, rather they will focus on your experience working in teams and your achievements at past jobs/internships. They are all friendly and unintimidating. You should have knowledge of Bloomberg's product and its competitors. The interview was not particularly difficult, the in person interviews are very similar to the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Who are Bloomberg's competitors?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Princeton, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

Interesting process. Focused solely on behavorial. Interviewers very impartial and one was even angry from the get go. Think it was very different from other positions like Thomson Reuters and other companies in industries. Seemed less professional and extensive. Would prep hard for culture and focus on why you chose them for this job and not the other companies.

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

2 round phone interview