Bloomberg L.P. Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Developer Interview Questions

3.2

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position online. One phone screen, then 3 interviews. The first two with two interviews and the last with the manager. I was asked a bunch of questions in the last interview that had nothing to do with the job description, which was as a Wordpress Developer. I wouldn't have applied for the job if I had known that there were requirements that I did not meet. When I asked him what he was looking for for the position, he told me "Software Engineer". This is not the job that I applied for and I would not have applied for it. It became very clear that we were wasting our time and I told the interviewer so.

I was a little annoyed at the end, but everyone was very nice. The interview process was pretty good and it seems like it would be a nice place to work.

Interview Questions

• Questions completely unrelated to the position of Wordpress developer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus (Nepal)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Campus (Nepal)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online when they came to campus, a couple days later they sent me an email for an on campus interview. The on campus interview was a 2 on 1 interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the code behind a map and tell me about its runtime   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2016.

Interview

First round online with Hackerrank and phone call. Following this I was then called in for interview.

That's when alarm bells stated ringing. I was made to wait about twenty minutes in reception before a couple of developers found me. I was then ushered into a meeting room. Impressed I was not.

Then there was a short discussion with the two developers in a meeting room and another online Hackerrank test. I felt they weren't at all interested in me. They were continually on their smart phones. Every time I looked up to explain something they were checking texts/emails.

I wouldn't recommend this company. Developers seem aloof and arrogant. I'm not aware of the making any notes in my cv.

Not a good fit for me.

Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2010.

Interview

Has question about reversing the string and the words that occur in the string individually.

Interview Questions

• add two linked list that has hexadecimal numbers without wasting extra memory   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2010.

Interview

Interview was on C++. Asked questions on multithreading. Could not answer

Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2009.

Interview

It was for an pricing analyst position. The interview lasted for about 1 hour and covered mainly programming and math questions. All content were not hard. There were two interviewers and they were friendly. I didn't move further as it didn't interest me much.

Interview Questions

• how to know the stack is growing in the direction of address increasing   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2009.

Interview

I had 2 online tests, and a phone interview. All technique questions. then was invited to an onsite. First was HR, just went through resume, random talk, personality, behavior question. then 2 to 1 technique for 1/2 hr, easy and straightforward. Finally hiring manager, half technique question, and half why BB.

Interview Questions

• how to delete a node in a list   1 Answer