Bloomberg L.P. Editor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bloomberg L.P. Editor Interview Questions

3.3

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Editor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview

I was interviewed n person by several people i at various levels of management and was given a moderately demanding, two-hour editing test. I also had one telephone interview with a senior manager.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process went very well. The HR workers were nice, thorough and by the time I interviewed with editorial, we hit it off. I passed a short edit test and was offered employment. Unfortunately, they rescinded my offer due to my background checks with minor violations dating as far as 5 years back. If you've ever been convicted of a misdemeanor, don't bother applying. No matter what you've accomplished the risk team won't see past it.

Interview Questions

• Why did I leave my last job?   1 Answer

Editor Interview

Interview

As always, done in a very good and confortable setting.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Take it. It's as good as it gets.

Editor Interview

Interview

HR interviewed me. seemed very mechanical.

Interview Questions

• what had I heard about Bloomberg   1 Answer

Negotiation

i needed a job

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY).

Interview

Exciting atmosphere in building; but not a lot of laughter or fun. The most amazing former colleagues seem undervalued in this place, especially women.

Interview Questions

• How often did I use a Bloomberg in my current job. Not sure why that mattered.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Came because I was between jobs, pay is fine. Not sure how long I'll stay. Very little diversity at top. Not a company that understands its real strengths are its people, not its technology. Could be a world leader in other areas if it gave the right people free rein and dared to invest in the right areas.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

The HR people were completely unprepared for the offer discussion and promised benefits that ultimately were not part of the employee package. The hiring and position manager knew very little about the job (she was new to her role). Complete dissonance from outside reputation of company.

Interview Questions

• Why aren't you staying at home with your children?   1 Answer

Negotiation

HR were quite unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Communication from all employees at Bloomberg was quick and professional. The responsiveness was above average, being both clear and concise. Meetings were held on time, and I was not kept waiting long at all to meet either hiring manager. The staff of the building was both friendly and helpful, and I felt very welcomed and comfortable throughout the process.

Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2011.

Interview

Many weeks after applying online I received a phone call from their Singapore HR inviting me for a news test. I accepted, however when I showed up at the building - the entire building was shut for the holidays. I called the number they gave me but no answer, and the building concierge told me Bloomberg is not there. I immediately wrote to HR (because they don't provide phone numbers), who told me that Bloomberg is open but now it's too late (even though it was about 10 minutes after my interview time) and we had to reschedule. The rescheduled test was about a week later and was fine.

Three weeks after I got called in for an interview. I arrived on time but my interviewer was 15 minutes late. They were then setting up the video conference to include a colleague in Japan. It took them 20 minutes to figure this out, and the guy in Japan was not aware there was an interview. When he finally came to the phone 10-15 minutes later he was flustered, unsure of the role, any of my experience and kept apologising for not knowing anything while he rattled off a bunch of questions about 'What is Bloomberg?" (rephrased in different ways 6 or 7 times)

Another 4 weeks later I received an offer of employment but first I wanted to verify some extra aspects of the role. However any attempt to contact HR in Singapore (only possible by email) was greeted with a form response or an 'I cannot advise' response, and the interviewers in Bloomberg were uncontactable, never returned phone calls or emails and had few answers when I finally got hold of them.

It's always hard to gauge what your work life will be like from on site interviews but past experience has taught me that shady recruitment process = bad day-to-day work life. Despite really admiring Bloomberg, I plan to stay in my next role for many years and wasn't going to put up with sloppiness. Maybe things are better in other global offices or it was just bad timing, but I have to go with what I experienced. I declined the offer.

Interview Questions

Very unimpressed with ther recruitment process, rude and unhelpful HR in Singapore and extremely unprofessional interviewers. Very poor impression overall..