Bloomberg L.P. Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 10, 2017

3.2

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Quick phone call with hiring manager, then shared screen technical interview. The one issue was the technical screen was rescheduled due to the interviewer not showing up. The hiring manager apologized but it was strange.

Interview Questions

• How would you iterate over ticker symbols and show an average.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Had a horrible time with HR, recruiter was extremely difficult to get in touch. Interview was relatively easy, and my interview was very helpful in solving the problem. Nothing exceedingly difficult. Went in to the office, but had no technical interview. Mostly spoke with the head of the office for a couple hours, casually.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

The interview lasted 45 minutes instead of 1 hour as the interviewer was unable to reach me.
    Interviewer rushed through questions asking non technical then technical questions.
    some unix questions asked
    how do you know how many cpu's your machine is running and how do you differentiate between virtual Vs physical cores?
    how do you find out how much VM is in use?
    is there another way to find out how much disk space is used besides du?

Interview Questions

• How do you find out how many cpu's your linux machine is using and are they physical or virtual?   Answer Question
    • is there another way to find disk usage besides du?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with one senior developer. He asked me some of the public web sites I have worked on (I was interviewing for web developer position). The following week I was brought in for a 3-hour interview. Met with 4 different people. Asides from technical interviews they like to ask questions regarding your working style or how you work with a team.
    I interviewed for only one afternoon. A few days later they gave me offer and I accepted.
    The NY office is fancy and nice. Chic and stylish decor. Free snacks and drinks.

Interview Questions

• What's your experience and opinion on AOP (Aspect Oriented Programming)?   Answer Question
    • How would you reverse the digits of an integer? (say from 123456 to 654321)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

Initial communication was invitation to take online reasoning test. After passing that, the recruiter set up a phone interview. The phone interview was with several engineers on a conference call. The questions started out with background then moved to technical. They finished the 45 minute call with several difficult brain teasers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in September 2009.

Interview

I was asked about the C++ programming techniques and object oriented programming. The questions
    are ranging from easy to tricky ones.

Interview Questions

• Difference between constructor assigment and copy constructor   1 Answer
    • When using hash table and when using map   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2009.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after applying online at Career builder (I believe). He sent me a bunch of information to read through to prepare for the technical portion of the interview, though I never made it that far. He set up a time for the first round of phone interviews. I was asked some rather general programming questions. Things seemed to go well, but I received an email a few dats later saying thanks but no thanks.

Interview Questions

• Given a double value, find the square root without using the sqrt() function?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in May 2009.

Interview

I did not like the interviewing as a doc. Quality of work if very low and calibre of people is on. Interviews were too easy and they asked stupid questions sometimes. He asked flow charts and some C++ code . Learn pointers and functions and how to create instance of a class in your head. They also try to trick you with pointer questions to catch you off guard but at the end the questions were below standard and did not have any juice in them

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in July 2008.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. I had two phone interviews with relatively easy C++ questions. The interviewers were friendly and helpful. After the second phone interview, I was invited to NYC for a day of in person interviews. I had 4-5 interviews, two of them were 1:1 the others were with at least two people and finally had an interview the Human Resources person. Interview was mostly basic C++ and math.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyside, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Sunnyside, NY) in March 2007.

Interview

The phone interview was quick and to the point.. easy questions.

Interview Questions

• What is a switcher input and how do you use it?   1 Answer