Bloomberg L.P. Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 10, 2017

3.2

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2010.

Interview

30 C++ questions, including concept questions and program (u need to give out the program outcome), each question is limited with 3 minutes. I heard about the candidates must produce out at leat 3/4 propertion so they can get the next step interview. Then they will send you a email about the phone interview, u need to tell them the appropriate time to accept it. now I am in this step, so that is all I can tell. ha ha, good luck for everybody. and good luck for me.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bloomberg L.P.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in February 2010.

Interview

After screen test was invited for an interview. Really impressive building, very fancy environment, 1 tour of questions was easy, it's the 2 where i screwed up. They asked me some questions related to TCP Ip protocol, I can't even remember what exact quetions were but I coudn't answer. I didn't expect much from that interview. In a week of time I got a phone call from them that I am not a person they were lookign for...

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2010.

Interview

Was contacted by phone. After initial phone screening having standard riddles and algo questions, I was invited to an on-site interview. There were many interviewers asking a lot of questions and didn't let you finish, constantly switching from one question to the other. Took about 7 hours. Overall it doesn't seem as a good place to work at.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2008.

Interview

Got a phone interview. Waited for the hiring manager to come back from a business trip. Brought in on Friday and met five people. Got offer next Monday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

Initial communication was invitation to take online reasoning test. After passing that, the recruiter set up a phone interview. The phone interview was with several engineers on a conference call. The questions started out with background then moved to technical. They finished the 45 minute call with several difficult brain teasers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyside, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (Sunnyside, NY) in March 2007.

Interview

The phone interview was quick and to the point.. easy questions.

Interview Questions

• What is a switcher input and how do you use it?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (London, England (UK)) in September 2007.

Interview

Questions on C pointers, data structures, algorithms, Java, university final year project, a few maths puzzles. Was made to feel quite uncomfortable, I guess to handle how I coped with pressure. Felt a little unfair as I feel it was an unrealistic sort of pressure compared with what you would get on the job, i.e., less personal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Quick phone call with hiring manager, then shared screen technical interview. The one issue was the technical screen was rescheduled due to the interviewer not showing up. The hiring manager apologized but it was strange.

Interview Questions

• How would you iterate over ticker symbols and show an average.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

The interview lasted 45 minutes instead of 1 hour as the interviewer was unable to reach me.
    Interviewer rushed through questions asking non technical then technical questions.
    some unix questions asked
    how do you know how many cpu's your machine is running and how do you differentiate between virtual Vs physical cores?
    how do you find out how much VM is in use?
    is there another way to find out how much disk space is used besides du?

Interview Questions

• How do you find out how many cpu's your linux machine is using and are they physical or virtual?   Answer Question
    • is there another way to find disk usage besides du?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. (New York, NY) in September 2009.

Interview

I was asked about the C++ programming techniques and object oriented programming. The questions
    are ranging from easy to tricky ones.

Interview Questions

• Difference between constructor assigment and copy constructor   1 Answer
    • When using hash table and when using map   1 Answer